𝐈𝐈𝐈. ーRECEIVING THE RED CARD.

iii

iii. 𝑹𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒆𝒅 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒅 !

❨ ᴛᴏʟᴇʀᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʀᴇɴ ❩

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

      CLARA LAID ON THE hospital bed unconscious as fourteen years old Felix sat on a chair by her side with tears silently streaming down his face. She had attempted to commit suicide once again by overdosing on depressant pills, too exhausted of the pain she constantly has to live with ever since marrying Lian, who treated her as nothing more than a bank account and breeding material to continue their legacy.

      Lian Fajaturma's family was never successful nor were they rich; they had to work hard in order to gain money for necessities, but their business rarely ever had many incomes. Unlike his family members that are willing to work hard for success, Lian had an abnormally intense greed for money and power, and wanted to gain them as soon as possible. The fastest way he found was marrying a rich woman, thus causing Clara Shinphossawat to fall victim to his greed and suffer the consequences instead. He cut himself off from the Fajaturma family and abandoned the name itself to use the Shinphossawat name so their inheritance would be passed on to him.

      Clara's happiness and freedom was instantly ripped away when their wedding took place, and even had to endure multiple abuse ー whether it be mental or physical ー as well as neglect and betrayal from him. She had already attempted to commit suicide twice, first by self-harm and second by overdose, and this would be her third attempt.

      Felix brought his hand up to wipe his tears, before covering his mouth to muffle the sobs escaping his throat. His grandmother, Bella Shinphossawat was buying roses from a flower shop in the hospital's lobby to decorate them by the windows. They're the only visitors Clara had since Lian's too busy with his mistress and drowning in the power he gained, and her father had died long ago. Bella and Felix are the only ones to be there for her now.

      "Mama, you're suffering too much." Felix muttered, sniffling. "I'm- I'm sorry for putting you through this." His empty hand squeezed Clara's unresponsive one, closing his eyes to let the tears rush out from them. Moving his hand, he gently caresses her wrist that was adorned with lots of self-harm scars, some fading and some new. It's difficult for him to see his mother like this, but he knew it's more difficult for her to simply live.

      He suddenly felt his wrist being squeezed weakly and snaps his eyes open to see Clara slowly opening her eyes, wincing and blinking to get used to the bright light. Unable to keep himself, Felix gently falls forward to hug his mother as a happy cry erupted. Clara chuckles, hugging him back and brushing his hair with her hand.