FIVE

*This chapter will be longer than usual as it contains more songs in the riff-off than the actual movie. I curated the list myself, so if it feels a little mis-matched that's because it is.*

Blake gave her outfit a once-over in the mirror. She was wearing a black  long-sleeve with a harness over top, black jeans and boots. Her hair was in some kind of bun she threw on top of her head, deciding this was good enough for whatever the hell Aubrey didn't tell them about beforehand. She didn't even know where the fuck she was going, and Bella was texting her, already at the venue. Blake groaned as someone knocked on the door, and she opened it to find Donald on the other side.

"Hey, Baby Bubble." He said, looking her up and down. "Damn."

"Alright, Quickie. Chill." She said, shaking her head as she went back to the mirror. She fixed her hair before turning toward him, leaning against her doorframe.

"I don't like that nickname." He said, frowning.

"Why not? Donald Driver? Green Bay Packers?" She asked, turning toward him. He shrugged.

"It's not that, it's just misleading." Donald stated nonchalantly. Blake blinked, then rolled her eyes at the innuendo. He grinned.

"Not that I don't love your company, but what are you doing here, Donald?" She asked.

"I came to take you to the riff-off." He stated, shoving his hands in his jacket pockets.

"You did?" She asked, turning and frowning. He nodded.

"Yeah, Bumper told me he overheard from Aubrey that she 'forgot' to text you." He said, air-quoting. Blake clenched her jaw.

"Of course she did." She grumbled. He smiled at her.

"Come on, Baby Bubble. I wanna see what you got." He grinned. Blake smirked back. She was always up for a challenge.

He walked with her across campus to the abandoned rec centre, and helped her climb up into the roof. He led her around, and just as she was beginning to think this was all a mistake and he was leading her somewhere for murder, she heard laughing, shouting, and a lot of other people. He climbed through a window, offering his hand to her. She took it, following and looking down.

The abandoned pool was empty of water, though there were five distinct groups of people waiting in the deep end. The High Tones, The Bellas, Treblemakers, and the BU Harmonics. There were plenty more people waiting along the edges of the pool, sitting in bleachers, waiting areas, the lifeguard's chair. Justin was in the middle, preparing to start.

"See you later, Baby Bubble. Hope you're ready to lose." Donald said, grinning as he began to climb down the ladder. She walked over, crouching beside the ladder and grabbing his chin with her forefinger and thumb.

"You're not gonna know what hit you." She said, false pity in her eyes as she stared down before standing up, now her time to tower over him as she sauntered down toward the other ladder.

"Blake! There you are!" Chloe said. "I was worried!" She ran over as Blake climbed down into the pool.

"Yeah, sorry. Got held up." She said, shrugging before meeting Aubrey's glaring gaze.

"We're starting." Beca called, beckoning everyone forward. The High Tones began to mimic the sound of an alarm, Justin opening his arms wide as some of the spectators pointed flashlights like spotlights.

"Welcome to the riff-off!" He yelled, earning cheers from the audience. "Who's ready to get vocal?" Another chorus of cheers. "The winners receive the greatest prize of all. The microphone used by Hoobastank when they rocked out at the Schnee Performing Arts Centre!" Donald looked across the pool, locking eyes with Blake. She grinned as Justin began to explain the rules. They had this in the bag. "Let's see our first category." He pointed a projector at the wall, a wheel spinning and selecting a category for them. Blake's grin widened. "Ladies of the 80's!" Aubrey raced to the centre, but Bumper beat her to it, breaking out into the first song of the night.