TWELVE

The first day of spring break, Blake sat staring out at all of the people leaving the campus. It was crowded enough, so she just sat in the room. Beca was working nights at the radio station, so she was asleep in her bed.

Unlike most, Blake was not going anywhere for spring break. She and her brothers cut off their dad once they were old enough, tired of being beaten and smacked around. So, there was no family home for them to go visit, and nothing for them to do if they did.

A few hours and a few new movies later, there was a small knock on the dorm room door. Beca had left for her shift already, so Blake frowned. She went over, opening the door, surprised to see a tall man standing there.

Two, actually. Both Carter and Dane were standing at the door, smiling with duffle bags hung over their shoulders.

"Hey, Blake." Dane said, grinning. Blake smiled back, opening the door wider for them to come in. They both set their bags down, immediately pulling her in for hugs.

"What happened to your eyebrow?" Carter asked, looking at the almost-healed scar. "Your piercing..."

"Edgy, right?" Blake joked, making Dane scoff as Carter had his hands on her face, inspecting it.

"Did you get stitches?" Carter asked, frowning.

"No, I didn't want to bother." She said, waving them off. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Well, believe it or not, we've been following along your little a cappella journey." Dane stated, folding his arms.

"You have?" Blake asked, her eyes going wide.

"Yeah. We watched you at regionals and semi-finals. We know you lost, so we came to visit and support you." Carter replied, slinging his arm around her shoulder. Blake smiled.

"Thanks, guys." She said, tearing up a bit. "Want a tour around campus?" She asked.

"Sure." Carter replied, shrugging. "Maybe you'll convince Dane to come here instead of Georgia State."

"Ew, you want to go to GSU?" Blake asked, making a face. Dane scoffed, shrugging.

"Whatever." He replied. Blake smiled, shaking her head.

"Okay, come on, then."

Blake led them outside, giving a small tour of the campus. She showed them each of the buildings, dorm halls, cafes, bars and even a couple of the fraternity houses, since Dane was interested. They walked by the radio station, where Blake took them inside and showed them around. She introduced them to Beca, who Dane had an immediate crush on. They left and went to grab Chinese food from a restaurant nearby, and went to eat on the grass as the sun began to set.

"What'd you think?" Blake asked, shoving a chopstick-scoop of rice into her mouth.

"Yeah, maybe this place is better than GSU." Dane admitted.

"You only say that because of Beca." Carter teased, earning a small punch in the arm.

"No, it's a pretty cool place." Dane replied, shrugging.

"Hey, Baby Bubble!" A familiar voice called across the grass. Dane raised a single eyebrow, all three of them turning to Donald, who walked over with his hands in his pockets. His eyebrows knitted together at the sight of these two, unfamiliar guys, who happened to be pretty jacked.

"Baby Bubble?" Carter asked, making a face at his sister.

"Hey, Romeo." Blake replied, smiling. "Want some food?" She asked, offering the bag. Donald shrugged, sitting down beside her.