THIRTEEN

"Hey. What are you doing here?" Donald asked, walking up to Blake. She looked up from her phone, bag over her shoulder as she walked toward the building.

"Bellas are back in the finals. The Footnotes were disqualified." Blake stated, making a face.

"Well, I guess you're coming to New York after all." He said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, well, I'll see what Aubrey decides." She said, shrugging. Donald stepped closer, wrapping one arm around her waist and using the other to softly stroke the scar in her eyebrow.

"I don't forgive her for this." He said quietly. Blake smiled, a flush creeping up on her cheeks.

"You don't have to." She replied. He smiled softly, reaching down and squeezing her hand.

"Good luck." He stated. Blake smiled.

"I'll need it."

-

"Okay! The a-ca-gods have looked down on us, and they have given us a second chance!" Aubrey said, grinning as she passed out sheets of paper to the Bellas.

"Shalom!" Amy cheered.

"I texted Beca and Blake." Chloe stated, taking her seat among them.

"You did what?" Aubrey asked, frowning.

"She texted Beca and I." Blake stated, walking into the room. Aubrey's frown immediately deepened.

"They make us better." Chloe said simply. Blake smiled, and Chloe reached over, squeezing her hand.

"That's not an opinion for you to have, Chloe." Aubrey stated.

"Why, because it's not yours?" Chloe asked, narrowing her eyes. "You're not always right, you know.

"We will win without them. You're free to leave." Aubrey stated, turning to Blake.

"If you won't let me sing, I'll stay and watch." Blake replied.

"Fine." Aubrey said, scowling. "Sit there." She pointed to a seat and Blake moved over, sitting quietly. "Let's go, girls! In formation!"

The Bellas all got up, in their positions, and began to sing. It sounded worse than usual, and Blake felt bad for the girls who stayed. Aubrey was getting more and more frustrated. About an hour of this, and she broke.

"Okay, stop! Chloe, you sound like you smoke three packs a day. Stacie, you are so behind on choreography. And Jessica and Ashley, it is like you haven't been here all year long." Aubrey explained, exasperated.

"Aubrey, really?" Jessica asked, frowning.

"We've literally been here the whole time." Ashley stated, angry.

"Aubrey, please, just give us a break. It's kind of not the same without everyone here." Amy said, stepping forward.

"We need Beca and Blake." Cynthia Rose stated, nodding toward Blake, who smiled softly in her designated chair.

"Maybe if Aubrey loosened the reins a little bit-" Chloe began.

"Okay, shut it, Chloe!" Aubrey snapped.

"Woah." Stacie remarked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, I'm sorry. That was rude. Chloe, could you please get your head out of your ass? It's not a hat." Aubrey corrected. Blake's eyebrows shot up. Chloe's mouth dropped open, the other girls in shock.

"A-ca-awkward." Amy muttered.

"Again!" Aubrey ordered, stepping back into positions. The girls reluctantly followed, though it was the same every time. Just... not good.