4: Everywhere

Keith was clearly not happy about his assignment to watch Lance.

Heck, Lance wasn't happy about it.

Clearly they didn't trust him and it sort of hurt to know that.

Lance hadn't threatened them and he hadn't caused them any problems, not really.

But Lance was glad he wasn't alone with the thoughts right now, not when Sendak was looking for him. Hunting for him.

Lance shivered at the thought.

A platoon of sentries had nearly killed him, so he knew a fight against Sendak wasn't one he would survive.

Lance looked up from his mindless internal rambling to see Keith staring at him. His purple Galran ears were peeking out from his hair and his deep purple eyes were focused in a way that made Lance shift uncomfortably.

"How did you get the plans for the ships?" He asked tilting his head.

Lance hugged the satchel closer. "It's a long story."

"We've got a while." Keith interjected. "I want to know how."

Lance chewed on his bottom lip. They had left the control room so Lance couldn't spy on the princess and Shiro as they made plans.

So here they were in a strange lounge like area, it reminded Lance almost of home.

Keith had chosen to stay standing leaning against the wall.

Lance knew it was incase he tried to do anything slightly suspicious.

"Lance."

Lance lifted his gaze again, Keith was still watching him but it was more with concern then anything else.

Lance sighed. "I um... I hid in the cargo."

"What was the cargo?" Keith asked standing up more so he wasn't leaning on the wall.

Lance shifted again.

"Lance."

"Slaves." Lance mumbled softly.

"Slaves? The Galran's are collecting slaves."

The laugh that bubbled out of Lance seemed to startle Keith. "You really know nothing about the Galra do you."

"I am Galran." Keith responded with a growl.

"Yeah but from a different era." Lance smiled shaking his head. "They've changed, the Galra have changed into something entirely different."

"Back to the slaves, how many were there? On the ship?"

Lance shrugged. "Couple of thousands."

Seeing how Keith's eyes widened made Lance sigh.

"They usually take the young ones." Lance continued. "Then they send them to work mines or experimental zones."

Lance noticed the shiver in Keith's posture, he knew that feeling, the nauseating horror that over took when ever the word slaves was so much as mentioned.

"Then what?" Keith asked in a hushed tone.

"I... I slipped out of the cells and got to the bridge." Lance explained as if retracing his steps was difficult, all he really remembered was running purely on adrenaline. "Then I saw a guard about to hand this over to Sendak, I... I didn't even think I just snatched it and ran."

"You must be a fast runner."

Lance shrugged. "I can be when I'm being chased by a mad man with a a weird extendable arms."