54: I Got You

"You're so weird."

Lance rolled his eyes a smile on his face as he gripped the hand hold above his head.

Rolo was a reckless idiot most of the time, but more so when piloting and Lance knew that somehow he would get them all to safety.

He trusted that much.

"Seriously, you couldn't have just walked calmly to the Galran or shoot him, you had to start a fight."

"As if you've never started a fight." Nyma laughed shaking her head at Rolo.

Lance stumbled when something hit the ship. He glanced at the controls watching Rolo's eyes narrow, he pulled harsher on the controls making the ship swerve causing Lance to stumble again.

"Shoot that Galran ship out of the sky!" He ordered.

"On it." Nyma nodded as Lance slid back into the cargo hold.

All their stuff was still secure. Along with the nice heafty sum of parts too.

"Question, why did you start a fight with the Galra when they're the ones who pay us?!" Rolo hollared back at him.

"Because." Lance mumbled tracing the Galran print of the boxes. "They deserve it."

"Alright boys, we'll figure it out later. Cannons at the ready." Nyma snapped angrily.

"Lance that cargo had better make it."

"It'll make it." Lance said rolling his eyes as he gripped the handle above his head. "We'll make it."

Another heavy shift above them and lights flickered through the gap.

Lance's blurry eyes drifted towards it as he weakly nudged Allura's arm.

Allura jumped to her feet and moved across towards the hole that seemed to be growing.

"Hello?!" She shouted. "Help!"

"Allura?!" Someone called.

Lance tried to move but ended up slumping against the floor.

His head was so fuzzy and he couldn't think past the ringing in his ears.

A breathless laugh escaped him. This was so weird.

He felt so weird.

He knew he should be worried but he just found it funny.

"Lance!"

He giggled breathlessly.

Why was this even amusing? It shouldn't be amusing.

He was dying.

"Lance come on, stop that." Someone's voice demanded shaking his shoulder firmly.

Lights danced behind his eyelids as gravity shifted around him.

That alone was amusing. Why was everything funny?

Hilarious even.

Then something was going over his head.

He inhaled deeply finding that it took the edge off of the dull pain behind his eyes.

Why did everything feel so heavy?

Why couldn't he move?

He needed more air.

Air...

Breathe...