Unsettling feelings

You were in the middle of class when you've been hit with an uncomfortable feeling. A feeling that made you quite sick to the stomach, fingertips that are so cold they feel as if they're covered in frost,  and cold sweat is found on your brow.

Thats... strange.

You look around the classroom and you found nothing unusual, not paying attention anymore to your professor's lecture, paranoid of what's making you feel so... so uncomfortable.

Be it fortunate or unfortunate to your situation, you really saw nothing in the area that made you feel like you're in danger. You don't see the strange transfer student that harassed you, the professor in front of you isn't your unusual homeroom teacher either. Some students looked bored out of their mind, others trying to pay attention, while a few had already succumbed to sleep. But despite how careful you are to observe the surroundings, nothing is out of place. Everything is as peaceful as it should be.

You know that nothing is there to cause you any harm, and you understand that this small feeling of being unsafe is probably from hunger or paranoia. Yet despite the sound reasoning mentioned above, your heart feels as if it's about to jump out of your chest in any moment.

Was it your instincts that's pushing you to feel so aware of your surroundings? Or was danger really lurking behind the seemingly peaceful classroom?

Unfortunately, before you could wrap your head around it, your professor swiftly finishes writing down the last part of his lecture.

"Reminder that the task I have assigned you will be due in just two weeks. I'll leave it up to you guys to decide who to partner up with, as long as I receive a written report from every student in this class. Do you understand?"

Class ended so quickly that you were slightly relieved.

A messy unison of 'yes sir' was heard from the students , as they ready to pack up their materials and leave. Your professor says 'class dismissed' and you're left with a small amount of lingering fear, overshadowed with your happiness that you can now leave the dreaded room.

Such a feeling was really out of the ordinary, ever since you found out about that weird story in your phone.

Out of sight out of mind, was what you supposed. And with it, the peculiar story stopped being updated as far as you know. It felt like a long time since the author had written anything, and honestly for your safety and peace of mind you'd be fine if the author had stopped writing this entirely.

Alas, such hopeful expectations will be crushed.

To your dismay, the author had mentioned they'll be updating it soon. Hopefully at regular intervals, or maybe not at all, you'd rather just push this thing at the back of your mind and wish that it would rot in the empty space you've put it.

So far, you've gotten no clue as to how this whole thing is happening in the first place. It's not like you can ask your friends about this, and you'd rather stay clueless than ever go near the weird transfer student for some answers.

You didn't put it past you that both the transfer student and your teacher seem to have known you before you met them at this godforsaken school, both were equally suspicious, especially your brother that asked about the headaches.

All of this seems like some crappy development in a half-assed yandere romance story gone wrong

Your thoughts fill you while you walk down the hallway to your next class, yet when you arrived at the room you see a huge note taped in front of the door.

"Out for a meeting, treat this as a self study period -Miss C" you read out loud.

Good enough for you, you needed the extra time to write up the report given to you earlier.

"Ah!"

As you turn around you had bumped into someone of seemingly small stature. They had green hair with the edges tinged with white. You don't really remember a student having this different colored hair, it's not really a color you see whenever you go around the area even. The student was wearing this comically oversized sweater that seemed to engulf their form, and glasses with large frames are placed on their delicate face.

When you met their minty blue eyes, that was when the dreaded feeling hit you like a sack of bricks, coupled with the ding of a notification coming from your phone.

"I'm really sorry for bumping into you again! I swear it wasn't on purpose!"

You were too stunned to respond to his frantic apologies. 'He' you had assumed from the voice. You weren't exactly sure, because the person had features that were so delicate and feminine.

"Uh.. it's alright, you don't need to look so worried." was what you only managed to say out loud. No matter how fragile and harmless he looks you can't keep your guard down.

He looks at you with a relieved expression, and was about to introduce himself when you motioned to him to wait a moment. You weren't mistaken earlier, you heard a notification coming from your phone when you bumped into him.

Quickly unlocking it and scrolling down the screen, you see something that made your heart drop to your stomach.

That wretched story had updated, the chapter titled as "Unsettling feelings".

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A/N: Super sorry it's short, something came up weeks before that got me so busy, and deadass when I said soon I didn't exactly mean the month after the author's note lmao