Chapter 4 - The Daycare (Part Two)

5 days ago...

Jack hadn't come to school again, which wasn't surprising to Sarah, she understood his motives, but it saddened her deeply. She had to do something, all his friends were worried about him, she couldn't simply let her best friend rot inside his home. With that in mind, Sarah went to Jack's house in hopes of convincing him to go out, upon arriving there, Sarah rang the doorbell. "Jack? Are you there?" After a few seconds, the door opened, "Oh, hi Sarah." said Jack, "What's up? I didn't see you at school today, so I came to check on you." He avoided her gaze before speaking again. "Yeah, I'm fine, just didn't feel like going to school today." An uncomfortable silence filled the air for a brief moment, "Anyways, you wanna come in?" Sarah nodded in response.

They both made their way to Jack's bedroom on the second floor of the house, which was a total mess. "Oh please excuse the mess, I didn't know you were coming." Sarah forced a smile, "No problem." They both sat on Jack's bed, "Jack, we need to talk." The girl said in a serious tone, which got Jack's attention, "Uhm? Why?" Sarah gulped, she wasn't fond of speaking about such uncomfortable topics, but it was the only way. "Look... I know it's been hard for you since she passed away... And I understand that you want to be alone, but isolating yourself is only making you worse! Look at you, you barely leave the house, you are a total mess!" Jack frowned deeply, "Did you seriously just come here to say the obvious? I know I'm a mess!" He said in an annoyed tone, Sarah sighed, "Come on Jack, I'm only trying to help you, you need to leave this house..." Jack didn't say a word, an uncomfortable silence filled the room yet again until Sarah realized something. "Hey... Where's your dad?" She asked, the boy lowered his head and pinched the bridge of his nose as a way to deal with the current stressful conversation, "I don't know, he'll probably come back tonight." Sarah was running out of options to convince him to go out until an idea came to her mind. "Hey, have you ever heard about the Mega Pizzaplex?" "That big building with animatronics? Yeah, why?" Sarah leaned closer, "I've been there several times, it's really fun, I thought we could spend a day together there, It would be good for you." Jack was hesitant, "I don't know... It seems to be quite an expensive place and I don't have much money-" "Money will not be a problem! We could go this Saturday, what do you think?" She said, cutting him off. Jack sighed, "Ok... I'll try talking with my dad tonight about this." Sarah smiled, "Alright! I should go home, It's getting late." Sarah walked to the bedroom door, stopping before exiting. "I'll see you Saturday, bye Jack!" "Bye..."

—------------------------------------------------------

Current time...

"Naughty boy... Naughty boy... It's past your bedtime. You must be punished." The boy stared in shock at the figure behind him, another animatronic similar to Sun, the same animatronic he saw earlier depicted as "Moon", Sun had somehow transformed into that thing. Moon did a creepy dance, jumping from one foot to another while staring deeply at Jack, "Nighty-night~" was the last thing the animatronic said before jumping and disappearing in the air, at that moment, only one thing went through Jack's head: HIDE.

He didn't waste time and quickly ran and hid in one of the playground structures, quickly reaching for his Fazwatch to call Roxy. "Roxy? Are you there?!" The Fazwatch buzzed before Roxy finally responded, "Jack? What happened?" "The lights of the Daycare went out! Sun transformed into a weird Moon thing and is after me!" Jack said, trying his best to not sound desperate, "Holy shi-, that's Moon! Alright listen, kid, you have to turn the lights back on, find the emergency backup generators and turn them on. You can find them in the play structures, I'll get back to you as soon as possible." After that, the call between the two ended, 'Generators... Play structures... got it.' The boy repeated in his mind to absorb the influx of information, he gulped as he stared at the darkness surrounding him, hearing Moon's cackle echoing in the distance, after taking a few deep breaths, he ran from his hiding spot in search of the generators.