Chapter 8 - The Starving Chicken

TW: Descriptions of violence. Blood.

They made their way to the service elevators located in the upper area of Parts And Services. They walked through the door with Roxy's symbol on it and entered her service elevator. Jack pressed a button and the elevator began to move, it was quite a small cabin, being barely able to fit both of them inside.

Silence filled the room until Jack spoke, "Alright, Chica is our target, but how do we capture her exactly?" He asked, Roxy looked up at the ceiling thinking of a plan, "Hmm... Maybe we could somehow lure her?" Jack placed a hand on his chin, considering the idea, "Yeah, It could work, Chica seems to have quite an obsession over food, maybe we could use that to lure her."

Jack noticed Roxy's expression drop a little, "Yeah... She really does have a thing for food..." she said in a strangely sad tone, which got Jack's attention. "You're okay?" He asked, Roxy looked down at him a bit surprised, "You seemed a bit sad when you said that, why?" The boy questioned again. Roxy sighed and avoided his gaze for a moment before speaking, "It's kinda hard to explain... Chica's obsession with food has always hurt her a lot, she's supposed to be a symbol of fitness you know? But her obsession goes against everything she believes. However, she's been getting very good at controlling her impulses for things like trash and pizza, and I was really proud of her for that! But now... It seems like she has completely given in to her obsessions... It hurts seeing her acting this way." She explained with sadness filling her voice, "Damn...It must be rough for her." It was all Jack could really say.

The elevator opened its doors to reveal the back storage of Roxy's room, the duo stepped out of the cabin and made their way into her room. "Back to where everything started." Said Jack while he looked around Roxanne's Room, when he was there earlier that night, he didn't have the chance to observe it in detail, so he decided to explore the room a bit while Roxy tried to fix her messy hair in front of her mirror.

"Alright, listen here kiddo." She said, turning away from the mirror to face Jack. "We need to somehow lure Chica to Rockstar Row so we can bring her to Parts and Services, and there is nothing in this world that Chica loves more than pizza." Jack placed a hand on his chin, "So you want to lure her with pizza? I guess it could work.", Roxy's eyes flashed blue for a moment and Jack felt his FazWatch buzz. "So here's the plan, I pinpointed the location of the kitchen on your FazWatch, all you gotta do is go there and bring some pizza to lure Chica, so then I can knock her out, got it, kid?" "Sounds like a plan." "Great, I'll be waiting for you." Jack was about to leave Roxy's room but stopped midway.

"Something wrong kid?" Roxy asked, Jack turned to face her with a concerned expression, "I need to go alone?" He asked, "Yeah, I need to stay here to knock Chica out, remember?" Jack still seemed unsure, "Roxy... I-I don't think I can do this, what if I encounter Monty or Chica? Or even worse, what if I encounter Vanny?" Roxy sighed, she knelt to his eye level and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, there's no need to be scared, remember that you can call me anytime on your Fazwatch." She said pointing at the device on his wrist, "B-But what if you don't arrive on time? I can't do this without you..." She sighed and looked to the side for a moment, she had to convince him somehow, but how?

An idea suddenly popped into her mind, "Yes you can." She said, facing Jack again. "...What?" "Come on, repeat after me, I can do this." Jack raised a brow, "Huh? What are you doing-" "Come on! Just say it." The boy sighed before speaking, "I... I can do this...?" He said with an uncertain tone, Roxy rolled her eyes, "Oh please, say it louder! I can do this!" "I can do this!" He shouted, sounding a lot more confident now, "Yes! Yes, you can! Do I need to remind you how far you've come? You survived so much, you're very brave Jack, getting a little pizza shouldn't be a problem for you, right champ?" Jack's expression lit up with determination, her pep talk seems to be working, "You're right! I can do this!" He said with confidence, which warmed her heart, "That's right kiddo, now go out there and make me proud." She was about to stand up, but a sudden action from Jack surprised her, he quickly wrapped his arms around her and gave her a quick hug, "Thanks, Roxy." The hug was quick, giving her no reaction time, he quickly rushed out of the room.