Prologue

This is Oliver's back story. I will post hopefully at least every mouth (I can't spell!)

This is my first story ever so yeah. Its gonna be kinda bad.

   Oliver felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up to see the bright blue eyes of his father. Oliver looked past his father to see his mother going to get his sister, Iris.

"It's time to go, Oliver," His father said kindly. Oliver nodded and grabbed the pocket knife with his name carved in it. Oliver grabbed his sister's hand as they rushed out the door.

"Get to the car." Their mothers words sounded cold. That frightens Oliver. He didn't think the elves would ever find them in that old log cabin.

Oliver tried not to cry. "Where are we going to go?"

"Away" His father said. He looked at Oliver with his piercing blue eyes that match Oliver's. "It's okay, It's okay, it's going to be okay. It's okay to cry." His father said, wiping Oliver's hair black off of wet cheek.

"No it's not! They will hear him whining" His mother hissed quietly under her breath with her dull green eyes. Oliver's mother was only this cold when they had to run. Again.

It was obvious that his mother was stressed. Her brown hair was tangled, not straight. They had indeed found them.

"He is only five!" He told her calmly as he slipped his hand into Oliver's. He pulled him to the door. Oliver stole a glance to a window. Then he saw a silhouette of a tall figure, which confirmed his fears.

Oliver stubbed into the car. His mother barely gave him any time to buckle before driving off. Oliver grips his sister's hand. "Don't let go Iris," Oliver pleaded. Iris gave her brother's hand

a small squeeze, she smiled at him, a kind smile. Iris was a mirror image of his mother, "Don't worry, Tree," She whispered.

It was only a moment later when a figure on an iron stag materialized in front of the car.

The car crashed, it flipped over and the window's were scattered. Oliver screamed as glass cut deep into his skin. Oliver could hear his family's ladored gasps.

"Oliver, run... get to safety." His father. Oliver felt his sister's hand grow cold and her labored gasps cease.

"What about you?" Oliver sobbed, He felt his own lungs closing off.

"We'll be fine," His mother said, when his father didn't answer. Oliver quietly slipped out of his seat, he felt his eyes burn.

He winced when glass cut deeper in his hand, and knees. He paled when he saw his father and sister's pale body. His father gave him a quick smile, "Go. Be safe, Tree."

He ran from the car. He tripped and stubbed. His legs burn. His only thoughts were focused on getting far away.

When it was as if he couldn't go any farther, and His legs collapsed. A tall black dragon landed in front of him. Its eyes glowed purple. Oliver turned to run but the dragon curled its tail gently around his waist.

The dragon pulled him up in the air and started to plick the glass out of his skin. One of its large scaly, yet somehow soft, hands held his right hand. She carefully dragged pieces of glass out of Oliver's skin. It slowly cut Oliver's skin. The cuts formed the shape of a raven flying in the air.

"Poor child." The dragon whispered when Oliver covered his eye when she went to get the glass that had sliced into it.

The warm breath bathed Oliver's sore skin. The dragon studied the boy.

"I cannot stay long, little raven. I must go. Stay safe. You may save this broken world one day"

With that the dragon spread her leathery wing, as she leaped into the air she turned her large head she looked at him with her piercing eyes. They seemed to glow when she told him, "Stay safe, my little raven."

Oliver watched as she disappeared into the distance. Oliver looked at his hand. "Why a raven," he asked himself.

The shock hit him. His family might have died. Oliver's eyes burned, and blurred. Oliver's sister's lip body fixes his mind.

Oliver told himself that she might have passed out from all the blood rushing to her head, or. Or, maybe from the bumpy ride, or maybe she was acting dead, really really well.

Oliver tried to tell himself that it was only a dream and that when he woke up it would be fine. Oliver leaned his head on a tree, letting the tears run free. He looked around hoping that someone would come out and hold him together. His world dimed, as he fell asleep.

Oliver was disappointed when he woke up in the forest alone.