Chapter 7 Nathen

That's Nathen. My favorite child. There is over a thousand words in the story part it self!!!!        

  Chapter Seven Nathen

A groan escaped Nathen, not again, he thought. They can't go outside, because there's movement too close to the cabin. The movement could be an elf, dragon, ogre, orc, goblin, troll, human, mermaid, blah blah blah, Nathen thought. He just hoped the time not unground wasn't replaced with another lecture.

Nathen looked at her fellow classmates. Many were happy about this, they wouldn't have to write an essay about things outside, but the boring walls killed Nathen. Nathen looked at the small trees that were potted, nothing like the large free ones outside.

Nathen looked at the large door that made him feel trapped, as an evil idea slid into his mind. He ran to the door and he saw his sister's body miterized in front of him, "Oh, come on!" Nathen said as he fell to the floor. The cold white, boring floor. "Please let me out!" Nathen said.

"No," she responded, her rich British accent matched his.

"Please, Izzy!" Nathen begged.

"You know why I'm not letting you out?" Issibella asked him

"Because last time you got blamed for it." Nathen answered, sounding annoyed and whiny.

"I'll only go to the library!" Nathen said, which was where he was planning on going, not outside like last, that was a big mistake.

"I don't believe you," Issibella, or Izzy responded, putting her hands on her hip.

Nathen let out another groan. "Stop trying to be responsible!" Nathen complained.

"I'll let you out BUT! You'll have to do without these," She said, taking the glasses right off his nose.

"I can't see! Not far!" Nathen hissed to Issibella clawing at her arm trying to get his glasses. "Gimme them back!"

"NEVER" Izzy giggled evilly.

"Nooo," Nathen whined.

"You're such a baby!" Izzy teased.

Nathen gasped dramatically, "But I thought that's why you loved me!"

"I love you?" Issibella said mockilly.

"HEY!" Nathen said loudly, as Issibella moved his long waved hair that covered one eye out of his face, Noooo not the hair mom's gonna kill me! She spent so much time on that, he thought with sarcasm.

Issibella's smile disappeared and she said in a reasonable voice, "Hello, Mr Smith." Nathen froze, uh oh, a voice called in his head.

"What can I do for the trouble maker," Mr Smith asked, placing a sturdy hand on Nathen's shoulder.

Nathen slowly turned his head to peek into Mr Smith's eyes. His eyes showed no hint of kindness like they did when Nathen first met him.

Dang it, she told him, Nathen thought.

Mr Smith's daughter liked Nathen, but Nathen wasn't really into girls, and Lily, Mr Smith daughter amittited she liked him, Nathen said, "As a friend right?"

That was the wrong thing to say, her face got red and she yelled, "NO! I like, like you!" Lily turned away and ran.

Nathen liked her as a friend, but not that type, so therefore, Lily wouldn't take to him, and now the friendliest teacher hated him head to toe, and called him the trouble maker, but hey everyone thought he was a troublemaker.

"I-I was gonna g-go to the lib-bary" Nathen stammered, trying to act nervous.

Mr Smith raised a suspicious eyebrow, "Well at least you'd get better grades." That got Nathen's goat.

Nathen had all A's and he didn't have to even study, Nathen's father taught him only if he got good grades he wouldn't get in trouble for all the trouble he causes.

Nathen fumed all the way to the library. Nathan caught a gilsp of Lily and he gave her a kind smile, but he blamed her for the way her father was like, she just stuck out her tongue at him and snapped a, "You're rotten!" at him.

"I still want to be friends." He said, annoyance growing. Nathen felt trapped underground. Being stuck with Lily.

Nathen found his way to the library and pulled a random book about the outside. My only escape, he thought bitterly.

Nathen heard the warning that the movement was growing closer to the cabin quickly. That meant they were supposed to move to the second level. Nathen couldn't care less, so he kept on reading.

The alarm sounded again, third level. Again, forth. The lights were turned off one level one. Nathen turned on a flashlight. Again Level five. Once more level six. The flashlight was remotely turned off. A growl escaped Nathen. Nathen touched the wall, I'm gonna be so grounded, he thought, doing it anyways. I'm going to see what's going on, he said to himself, in a sing-song voice.

Nathen walked with one of his hands on the wall and his other one in front of him, he reached the door, and walked slowly and when his hand slid off the wall, he took the turn, walked up the hallway slowly. He turned the first handle he found, opened it and was blinded by the screens. Nathen quietly closed the door behind him. His eyes lock on the movement. That's an elf, Nathen thought, but what is that? It has a skull on their head and then they have a clock. That's not an elf whose pointed ears would never fit in that skull, or. Ugh what are they called, not shapeshifters that's a type of witch. UGH! Nathen complained inwards. Nathen slapped his head, idiot. He thought, changelings that's what it is. An elf and a changeling, and a female elf. It was always a male before.

Nathen looks back at the screen and says they might be a changeling, walking towards the house, Nathen went pale. The things hand went to the door. Nathen felt his heart in his chest.

Nathen pulled a cabinet out in the lighten up room. He dug into the cabinet. Come on! His thoughts flew a million miles an hour. Nathen stole a glance to the screen. He couldn't see the figures. Got it. Nathen pulled out an old flashlight and turned it on. Can't turn off a three hundred year old flashlight remotely. Nathen thought. He flicked the flashlight on and ran down the hallway up to the stairs that didn't move, the only thing that isn't white. Nathen made it to the door on the ceiling. Forced himself to take a deep breath. Zipped up his torn up gray fade jacket and pushed the hatch open, not making a noise. Closed like his life depended on it, which to him, it did. 

   Then he stepped on a twig as loud as he could. Nathen turned to the figures in the cabin. They looked at him surprised. Good he thought, they saw me. Nathen turned and ran.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote on the chapter if you liked it! BYEEEE!