17

students scurried over to the bullion board, seeing what rank they were placed for this semester's exams.

the top five students didn't surprise anyone.

ranked 1 - nanashima kai
ranked 2 - kuroo tetsurou
ranked 3 - nanashima rin
ranked 4 - terushima yuuji
ranked 5 - oikawa tooru

kuroo sighs, seeing how he got bumped down to rank number 2. usually, nana would be in third or fourth place but kuroo guessed that she probably tried on the exams this time.

"seriously, kai? you knocked me down to 3rd!" rin whines, slumping on his twin sister's back.

nana kept on walking, ignoring the 150 pounds on her back, "should've studied harder."

"i always study hard, can't help that you're academically smarter than me."

"who was ranked last?" nana asked.

"bokuto, apparently."

"hah? no way, he's usually top 20, at the very least."

rin shrugged, "go look for yourself if you don't believe me, he's ranked 322."

nana let out a small scoff, biting on her lollipop. her and rin made their way to their third period, which was ap biology. they dropped their bags next to their chair and sat at their designated lab table, which also included kiyoko and kuroo.

"kiyoko, what rank are you?"

she smiles at nana, "rank 10, as always. i haven't moved from that spot since our second year."

kuroo sighs, resting his chin on the palm of his hand, "man, i got dropped a ranked."

"ugh, want me to not try next exam season" nana rolled her eyes, making a face at kuroo.

"yes please, this is hurting my ego."

"fine,"

as the teacher was explaining the project they had to do, nana was too busy scrolling through her phone. her brother kicked her leg to tell her to pay attention.

kiyoko sighs, putting her head on the table, "nana, wanna go to the mainland today after school?"

"hmm i don't know if i can, why?"

"i'm so bored just being on this island all the time," she complains. "nothing to do half the time."

"hook up with someone," rin suggested, "having a fling makes life on this island way more interesting."

"that's easy for you to say," laughed kuroo. "some people aren't as pretty as you, rin."

"are you calling kiyoko ugly?"

"this is gaslighting."

the two girls ignored rin and kuroo's small argument.

"wanna come over to my dorm today?" kiyoko asked, "you haven't hung out with me and yuki for so long ever since you moved out."

"i'll have to see, i think it's my turn for cooking today." nana answered without looking up from her phone.

kiyoko laughs at her, "a mother of six kids."

the bell rang, meaning third period was now over and they had to go to fourth. nana decided that she didn't want to go to her next class, so she told the others she was going to skip and just go back home.

she unlocked the door to the house and immediately heard yelling from an unfamiliar voice.

"koutarou, ranked 322?? are you fucking serious? what are you even doing at school?"