Magical Mystery Tour

Prologue

Sweltering heat from the last throes of the Summer of 1969 wrapped the city of London in its embrace. Even through the tinted glass of the limousine and the air conditioner running in the cabin, the persistent heat still made Dr. Fauna Ceres unbutton the collar of her dress shirt and fan herself with a clipboard.

Adding fuel to the fire, the senior medical officer of the Monsanto Company was seated shoulder-to-shoulder with two of the most popular people in the world: the Telstar Nephilim and the Representative of Chaos or the Eleventh Council.

Two incredibly beautiful ladies that made Dr. Ceres swoon!

Uuuuuuuu~!

Still, despite the heat that bore down on the city, Fauna could see crowds upon crowds of people gathered along the sides of the British M4 Motorway. Just like in the Terminal of Heathrow Airport, Fauna saw a thin line of Metropolitan Police officers, cruisers and horse-mounted constables that kept them at bay. All the while, a myriad of British, American and Australian flags were flying in the summer breeze.

"You ladies are almost as popular as the Beatles!" Fauna remarked to the girls she was sandwiched in between, "You managed to reverse the British invasion!"

Bae shriveled up and her rat ears drooped down when Fauna said this. The Doctor remembered Bae's passionate declaration of love and support for Irys on worldwide television, after all.

She probably just realized how much of an audience she had when she said those things. How cute!

On the other hand, Irys looked through the tinted windows with her keen, two-colored eyes. The Victorian Nephilim was like a bona fide tourist who wanted to soak in every bit of culture she could.

Fauna's eyes then turned to the two soldiers in the limousine: Mumei Nanashi and Kronii Ouro.

Kronii watched the large crowds, checked her wristwatch and pressed on a radio earpiece often to check the status of the rest of the MACV soldiers in the convoy. Mumei, on the other hand, quietly hand-loaded pistol magazines with .45ACP ammunition to her own cryptic rhythm.

These two take their jobs seriously, huh?

A small smile formed on Fauna's lips.

Don't worry, my beautiful flowers. So do I.

Fauna shifted her legs and called out to the limousine driver at the front, "Chauffeur? We're taking the scenic route. Lady Ophelia already knows."

"Of course, ma'am." The driver answered dutifully.

"Scenic route?" Bae promptly asked with a raised eyebrow.

"This is the first time that all of you have been to London, isn't it? At least in this world." Fauna's smile widened and she tucked a lock of her green hair behind her ear, "I figured you folks would like to see more of the city and take in all the sights, so I planned a scenic route."

"What did you have in mind?" Mumei tested, sliding a loaded magazine into her M1911 pistol.

"Hyde Park - the place where the Crystal Palace originally stood." Fauna joined her hands together, "A Nephilim who fights and turns Horrors into crystals might find some inspiration there in those gardens."

"Hmm, I never did get to see Hyde Park in my world... or the Crystal Palace." Irys hummed with curiosity.

"If we're lucky, we'll have time to tour the British Museum for a short while." Fauna revealed with rising excitement, "Lady Ophelia told me about how close you were to Lady Knowledge of the Tenth Council."