- Chapter 1 -

Thace and Antok were calmly chatting in the lounge when a panicked Kolivan suddenly burst through the door. 

"Leader!? What happened? Are you okay?" Thace asked, jumping up from his seat.

"He's just a kit," Kolivan whispered in horror.

Thace and Antok shared a look, clearly confused. 

"Who? Kit? Kolivan, what are you talking about?" Antok was worried. He'd never seen Kolivan in such a panicked state. 

"KEITH! HE'S ONLY EIGHTEEN!" Kolivan cried. 

Antok and Thace stared at Kolivan for a tick before they realized what he meant. 

"YOU LET A KIT TAKE THE KNOWLEDGE OR DEATH TRAIL! YOU'VE BEEN SENDING A KIT OUT ON MISSIONS!" Thace and Antok yelled at Kolivan.

"DON'T YELL AT ME! I ONLY JUST FOUND OUT!" Kolivan yelled. They all took a deep breath to try and calm down. "We need to fix this. I presume that he's been suppressing his galra instincts."

"That's not healthy. Especially for such a young kit." Thace murmured. 

"That's it." Antok declared, hitting his fist on the table, making the other two jump. "We're going there and asking if he is only eighteen. Right now."

Kolivan and Thace looked at Antok as he marched out of the room. A slow smile made its way up onto Thace's face. 

"I always knew he was a big softy," Thace teased as he ran after him. 

----------

As the blue lion touched down on the platform all the paladins and alteans ran towards them. Lance came running out with an unconscious Keith in his arms. He was panting while trying to run to the medbay while carrying an unconscious Keith who was almost as big as Lance. As they ran down the hall, Shiro grabbed Keith from Lance. When they finally got to the medbay they placed him into a healing pod. 

"Is he gonna be ok?" Pidge asked, scrunching her light brown eyes in worry. 

"He's not going to die? Is he?" Hunk worried.

"Well, it seems that nothing's wrong," Coran declared as the pod opened. 

Keith began to fall, luckily, Shiro was there to catch him right on time. 

"Shiro?" Keith asked in a weak voice. The team could see Keith trying his best to stay awake. His eyelids were drooping and his eyes held a tired gaze. 

"Go to sleep, Keith, go to sleep," Shiro mused. 

He picked Keith up and carried him to his room. Shiro then tucked him into bed and left, turning off the lights and closing the door as he did.

"How is he?" Allura asked as Shiro entered the lounge. He plopped down on the seat next to her and leaned back, staring up at the ceiling.

"Good, for now," Shiro muttered. 

"Okay, we have to good news and bad news," Coran announced, making his way next to Shiro.

"Good news is, he doesn't seem to be hurt or anything. Bad news is there is no bad news," Coran exclaimed! He flung his tablet into the air, hitting a poor Hunk in the head.

"Um... isn't that good news?" Lance asked.

"Um - well - I guess? I don't know. Usually, people say good news and bad news, but I didn't have any bad news," Coran muttered.

"Welp, I'm off to do some cooking. Lance, I'm taking you hostage. You are now my new taste tester," Hunk exclaimed, dragging lance out of the room.

"I have to go examine this piece of technology we managed to get from the previous attack against Zarkon," Pidge announced, making her way to her lad, leaving Shiro, Coran, and Allura.

"Well, this man should go check on the ships defences and take care of my glorious mostache. If you're looking for me I'll probably be in the control room."

Coran marched out the room, singing 'coran coran, the gourgeos man' ad he went. Shiro and Allura glanced at each other, unsure of what to do now.

"Well, I guess I could go to bed early," Shiro announced.

"I must excuse myself to my cauter as well. I think we all deserve some rest," Allura yawned.

They bid each other goodnight before making their way to their rooms.

----------

The two-year-old, black haired boy tripped and scraped his arm. His foster parents looked at him. Keith wimpered, a very inhuman thing to do. His foster parents freaked. Calling him a monster and demanding that he never make that sound again. Never. From that day forward, he'd suppressed his instincts. Trying so hard to act like other kids, even if it felt wrong.

Keith woke up in a cold sweat. He turned around, trying to stop the sound from escaping his throught. But he was unable to. Finally giving into the pull. He let our a heart breaking sound. A wimper full of sarrow and pain.