- Chapter 9 -

The first thing Keith realized was that he felt small. And weird. There was some extra weight on the top of his head. The second thing he realized was that he was sitting in Kolivan's lap! And you know what the third thing he realized was? He was PURPLE! And had a TAIL! So to say he was freaking out would be an understatement. 

"WHAT HAPPENED TO MEEEEEE!" he cried out on pure confusion. 

Kolivan jumped in surprise, dropping Keith in the process.

"KOLIVAN! YOU JUST DROPPED A KIT! A KIT!" Thace screamed.

"I-It's fine!" Kolivan cried, quickly picking Keith up while running his claws through his silky hair.

"I- I a-am not a ch-child,' Keith tried to cry out but kept on purring and leaning into Kolivans touch.

"You very much are," Thace said as he walked over to them. "And in Galra years you're still a toddler."

"Wha- But-" 

"No buts. You are a kit, and nothing will change that," Kolivan said. 

"Hmph, I also shrank and am now a purple cat!" Keith cried, flinging his tiny purple arms in the air.

"Okay~ I think that signals for your nap time? Yup?" Kolivan asked, gently rocking Keith in his arms as he stood up and started making his way to Keith's room.

"NO! I just woke up from a nap! I do not need to sleep again! Nope! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! LET ME GO! I will not take another nap!" Keith kept on complaining all the way down the long hallway.

"Oh what have I done with my life?"

><><><><><><><><><

"How much longer?" Lance complained.

"Lance. I swear, if you ask that one more time I will end you," Shiro growled.

Lance grumbled as he crossed his arms over his chest and sulked over to the wall. They had all decided to take a break after hours of walking. 

"I'm bored," Pidge complained.

"Here," the first blade, now known as Akron, said, handing Pidge a metal cube with a bunch of wires sticking out. He took it and looked like he just received the greatest thing in the world.

T(A/N: What should I make Pidge's pronouns?)

"Ohhh," Pidge said, admiring the strange gadget.

"Are you sure that's save?" Hunk asked nervously, pointing to the gadget.

"Yup," the second blade, Tonk, said, popping the 'p'.

They've been stuck down here for a while now. What was it? Five... seven hours now? They stopped counting after three. They'd played every single game known to the universe and Coran had sung so many songs his voice had long since died and everyone's eardrums were dead.

"What should we do?" Allura asked, breaking the silence.

"I don't-" Pidge started but was cut off by the gadget thingy exploding in her face, making her and everyone else's hair stand up.

...

"How much lo-"

"LANCE!"