Chapter 14- General Iroh

"Don't you think they're taking a little too long?" Asami whispers over to me.

I shrug my shoulders. "I haven't been keeping track."

Asami groans frustrated. "They're probably making out up there."

"Wouldn't be surprised,"

"You're not helping." Asami sighs, walking off.

After a short while, footsteps approach our hide out.

"You two were gone a while." Asami smears as Korra and Mako had returned from their spying.

"We were doing reconnaissance." Mako replies in an annoyed tone.

"Whatever." Asami scoffs.

"How's Fara feeling?"

Asami squints her eyes at Mako. "She's right there, why don't you ask her?"

I look over at the divorced couple. I am a child of divorce parents, I guess.

"Welcome back!" The homeless man who lended us his hideout spoke getting in between Mako and Asami. "Hope you worked up an appetite, cause dinner is served."

We all sat in a circle as Gommu was stirring a pot of stew.

"Thanks so much for letting us hide out with you for the past few days," Korra says as she passes the bowl of soup around.

Mako turns to hand me the bowl. "I'm not hungry."

"You haven't eaten in days. Honestly, how are you even functioning right now?" Mako questions.

"Yeah," Gommu agrees. "You're super skinny. You need some meat in your bones."

"I'm vegetarian."

"Oh," Gommu hisses. "This is awkward."

Bolin takes a sip of his bowl. "Mhm, this is the best tasting street gruel I've ever had. Seriously."

I look over at his soup, looking at it makes me want to throw up, which was merely impossible since I haven't had anything in my system for two days.

"I culled it from the finest dumpsters the city has to offer."

I pull my eyes away from the soup. Thank spirits I wasn't hungry enough to eat that.

The next day, I had been informed that the United Forces would be arriving today, which meant I had to look my best.

Mako walked up to me. "Wow, Fara. You look cool."

"Thanks." I neutrally smile.

Mako grabs me, pulling me in for a hug. "I know you haven't been feeling like yourself because of your family, but I promise they're safe. I know it."

I wish I could feel the same way, but something bad had happened the night they left, I could feel it in my soul. I've always had the best intuition.

"Come on, everyone's waiting on you." Mako says as we join the group.