Holiday Skate Part 3

"I-im so sorry!" Venus cried, quickly standing up.

"It's ok." The black haired boy said as he stood up, revealing a lightning scar on his forehead.

"Harry? Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry." She apologized.

"No problem."

"Harry!" she heard Ron's voice call. "Hey Venus!"

"Hey Ron, Hermione! Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas!"

"Well, well, what do we have here?"

Draco skated into the group getting glares from three of them. He had Crystal on his shoulder.

Traitor. Venus thought.

"Well I must say this is a great event you did Venus." He complimented. "Although your choice in party is not...the best."

Venus ignored his comment and held her arm out for her owl to land on, the bird obliging.

"Malfoy." Ron sneered.

"Weasley." The blonde replied. Venus picked up on the tensions and quickly acted, pulling the blonde away and waving to Hermione and her friends.

"Jeez, I can't take you anywhere." She huffed, skating away and pulling him by the arm.

"What do you mean Ice Princess?"

"Ice Princess?"

"Suits you doesn't it?"

"I don't see how but sure."

"What do you say to a friendly skating competition?" The boy offered, gesturing towards a small empty space of the lake.

"Sure." Venus replied. She waved the owl on her shoulder off happily and skated to the edge of the empty space. She shyly looked at the boy and built up her confidence. "I'll have to warn you though, you're out of your league when it comes to this. I've been skating since I was old enough to walk."

"Oh really?" The boy smirked. "Well then by all means, ladies first."

"K."

Venus started to skate in a circle, slowly building speed as she glided along the perimeter of the area. She leaped into the air, landing a flawless triple axle and continued to skate. She started to spin slowly, getting faster and faster, as she raised her leg over her head and spun faster than a top. She pointed her standing foot and kept spinning, her skirt fluttering with the fast air. She put her leg down and slowly stopped spinning, striking a graceful pose.

A slow clap turned into many as the people around applauded and Draco skated up to her.

"Guess I can't compete with that." He said, holding his arm out for her to grab, her head spinning. "You look a little dizzy, shall we go inside for a drink?"

"That'd be great thanks." She replied, skating to the edge with him and removing their skates. Draco stood first and nearly fell from his legs wobbling, making the girl laugh.

"Sea legs? I call them ice shakes. Happens to all of us." She said steadying the boy as she stood up, they both toppled over from their weight in each other and laughed in the pile of snow. The two went inside and chatted as they enjoyed a nice cup of hot cocoa.

"Merry Christmas Draco." Venus said to him with a smile, holding up a toast.

"Merry Christmas Venus."

He replied, clinking his cup with hers.