Another Adventure (End of Year 2)

After the speech and the end of year feast, Mrs.Snow ventured to go talk to her daughter. She met Willow and Ethan, two of her friends that had spent the most time around her. As families began to arrive to floo away with their kids if they didn't board the Hogwarts Express, the two had to leave. 

"The school had sent us a letter  and we were so worried, I  came right away to help Professor Sprout with the cure, your dad had to stay for work though, but he'll meet us at the house. "

"But what even petrified me?" 

"I'll explain at home Darling." Her mother said in a hushed voice. "The ministry and the school are trying to cover it up, so it's best said behind closed doors."

Her daughter nodded. Venus gathered her things from her room and levitated her trunk down the stairs of the Ravenclaw tower to the Floo room where her mother was. 

"Venus." 

Venus turned around at the sound of her name, and saw Draco Malfoy walking towards her. 

"And who's this handsome young man?" Her mother inquired.

"Draco Malfoy Ma'am." He bowed elegantly and made the older woman laugh. 

"Malfoy I see, you're just like your father. How is your mother dear? It's been so long since I've talked to Narcissa. I really should owl her." 

"She would be delighted to hear from you Ma'am, she speaks of you often and very highly I might add." 

"How sweet." 

Footsteps approached from behind them, the clack of a cane following them. 

"Layla?"

"Lucius!" Venus watched her mother hug the long platinum haired man and smiled. She too had heard tales of the ventures her mother and Lucius Malfoy had in Slytherin together. They were like siblings once upon a time. When her father was introduced to the picture the older Malfoy had done everything in his power to ensure the couple was happy and healthy during the war. While both her parents worked for the Ministry and acted on behalf of it, they were neutral when it came to matters of the Dark Lord. They cared not for violence. But it took a turn when the Ministry abused her father and his powers for fighting against you-know-who and that's what caused her mother and the Longbottoms to be taken hostage and tortured. Venus would always despise the Ministry , especially the Minister, after hearing that story. Although the Dark Lord was not any better, she at a young age understood why her parents did not want to leave the house unless summoned specifically. 

Venus snapped out of her thoughts as she looked back towards the younger Malfoy who was staring at her. 

"Are you feeling ok? Recovering ok?" 

The girl lowered her head and nodded. 

"Ice Princess…please look at me." He pleaded softly, holding back the urge to tilt up her chin with his hand. 

"Well we must catch up this summer, Draco! Let's go!" His father said, tapping his cane on the ground. 

Draco walked away dutifully and gave a long hopeful gaze to the girl.
"Let's go home." Layla said to her daughter, taking her hand. "Other than the petrification, how was your second year?"
Venus thought for a moment.
"It was another adventure."