Flowering Hearts

After a few normal weeks passed of studying and hearing mumbles about Harry Potter dueling Draco Malfoy, February rolled around at Hogwarts. Which meant: love was in the air. Upperclassmen were snogging in hallways and first years like Venus were just trying to get to the courtyard unscathed.

"It's Valentine's!" Willow cried, running around the courtyard and tackling Venus, who was sitting reading a book.

"Wills!" The girl cried as she toppled over. "What are you so excited about?"

"It's Valentine's Day! We have to do something special!"

Venus smiled at her friend. "Ok, what do you want to do?"

"We could...have a sleepover with Hermione! We could gossip about cute boys and play games! It'll be fun!"

"Sure Wills, let's go ask her."

The two girls rushed to find their friend who sadly declined, due to having to serve a detention with Harry, Ron, Neville and Draco.

"It's ok, you two have fun without me." she said, running off to her next class, books in hand.

"Ok..." Willow said sadly.

"Come on Wills, lets go to the Great Hall for some snacks and we'll go up to my room from there." Venus said, dragging the girl along.

When they arrived they saw a bunch of roses being handed out by upper class boys to all of the girls. Willow giggled as she was handed one by a dashing Gryffindor 7th year and Venus nodded gratefully as a chiseled Hufflepuff 6th year handed one to her.

"Thank you."

"Of course fair lady, although I am surprised that no other underclassmen has given you one yet- to either of you."

Willow laughed and her curls bounced around her freckled cheeks.

"Well we are first years."

"Still your both WAY above other first year girls in looks. If you two aren't busy later maybe-"

"Venus!" a voice called from across the Hall. The ravenette turned around and smiled when she saw Draco walk up to her.

"Hello Draco."

"Hey, what- uh what are you doing later?"

"I'm having a sleepover with Willow, why? I heard you got a detention for trying to duel Harry, are you ok?"

"Uh, yeah. I just wanted to know if-"

"Hello first year." The older boy interrupted. "Sorry, I just wanted to finish asked Ms..."

"Her name is Venus." Draco growled.

"Yes, I wanted to ask Venus and Willow if they'd like to accompany Sean and I on a moonlight walk tonight."

The two girls looked at each other in a small shock but nodded at each other as the blonde Slytherin's brow furrowed as he started to retort back.

"She most definitely-"

"APPRECIATES the offer!" Venus interjected, stepping between both boys. "I appreciate it...uh..."

"Tyler." The 6th year said.

"Tyer, thank you, but Willow and I already had plans for tonight." The curly haired brunette linked arms with her friend and nodded towards the older gryffindor.

"Yes, thank you too Sean, but Venus and I have been planning this for months! And we'd hate to be a bother to you two any more. Have a nice night gentlemen."

Before they walked off, Venus smiled at the three boys and held out her hand.

"Glacia Orchideous."

A stem formed from her fingertips and three ice roses bloomed in her hand. She handed one to each boy and waved them off as she and Willow skipped away to the kitchens.

Both girls broke out into laughter as the kitchen door blocked them from view.