Pixies and Petrifications

That day they learned how to pot Mandrakes, which was an ear splitting experience to say the least. Venus already knew what to do as she had cared for them before and laughed to herself as Draco got his finger bit by one. Pansy noticed and grabbed the girl's earmuffs, pulling them off. Venus covered her ears immediately and shrieked as the pain of the sound that went to her head. Her eardrums felt shattered and her head split open. Her eyes glitched white and white streaks formed in her hair. People backed away from her quickly as she changed. She uncovered her ears and gazed at the pin-faced girl as she snatched her earmuffs back, cold hands grazing over hers. Professor Sprout yelled at the girl for endangering the girl, giving her detention for a month as Venus took a deep breath and excused herself from the class. When she came back in, she had her regular hair and eye color back.

After Herbology, Venus walked straight past the blonde who waited for her worriedly and headed towards the Great Hall with a fast pace, going up to Hermione, Willow, and Ethan who were talking at a corner table.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Willow asked her, seeing the blonde walk in right after. "Is it getting better?"

Venus looked at her friends with tear filled eyes and shook her head.

"She took my earmuffs while we were replanting the Mandrakes."

"Oh Venus, come on. Let's go to the library and you can tell us all about it." Hermione said and the group stood up to leave.

Crab and Goyle blocked their exit and Ethan looked at the blonde sitting at the table.

"Let us go."

"Not until Ice Princess tells me why she won't speak to me."

"Since when do you care about others, Malfoy." Hermione sneered.

"Shut it Mudblood-" the other three gasped and Venus fixed her gaze on the blonde, her eyes glitching. Her fists closed tights and tears spilled from her face. Draco looked at her solemnly as she stared at him, instantly regretting his words.

"Never. Talk to my friends like that again." She walked up to the two boys blocking their route and exhaled her icy breath in their faces, making them scurry away. She ran out and headed towards the courtyard instead of the library, her friends chasing behind her.

"Venus!" Willow cried as they reached her. She had paused when she had gotten outside in front of a large tree.

Venus put her hand on it and frost grew from her fingertips to the branches.

"S-sorry." She said, sitting down at the base of the frozen tree. "I didn't think he would- he was so nice to me- why..." she started to cry and Hermione squatted next to her.

"That's why I said he wasn't worth it. You are an amazing girl. You deserve better than him."

Venus looked up at her with teary brown eyes and they hugged.

"Thanks guys."

"It'll be ok girl, we just need to be so busy and happy we won't even THINK about him." Willow said happily. "Why don't we have a girl's sleepover? You, me, Hermione and Ginny?"

Venus nodded her head and the four of them went to the library to study. Later that night, the four girls united in Venus' room for their sleepover. They talked all night, gossiping and playing games until they fell asleep.

The next day at defense against the dark arts was an interesting one to say the least. Gilderoy Lockhart set his sights on the bookworm girl who looked unimpressed at his flamboyant self with her stoic gaze.

"Ms...." He started, pointing at her.

"Snow,Venus Snow."

"Ah. Tell me Ms.Snow, Do you know how to catch a Pixie?"

Venus held her head down and she nodded.

"Come now dear, don't be so shy, surely you read one of my books. Show me what you know." He said, opening a cage of pixies that swarmed the classroom. The blue pixies ran around reeking havoc on the class , taking things, and pulling limbs. "Come on Ms.Snow!" The teacher encouraged.

"Petrificus Totalus!" The pixies became paralyzed and floated, frozen in the air.

"Well done Ms.Snow! 10 points to Ravenclaw! Now everybody! Petrificus Totalus!"

Spells around the room were being said as Venus was quick to assist her peers that were struggling with the pixies. She saw one fly out of the door just as she latched the cage shut and chased after it. She held out an outstretched hand as she ran and aimed carefully.

"Glacius."

The pixie froze in a block of ice and skidded to the floor, stopping against a red wall. A red wall? Hogwarts didn't have any red walls. Venus stopped in her tracks and looked at the stone brick wall in front of her covered in red paint. Ms.Norris, Mr.Filch's cat, stood still, hung by his tail on the nearby torchlight.

"PROFESSOR!" she cried, running back to the classroom immediately, pixie forgotten.