Blueberry Mornings Part 1

Venus awoke to a small string ringing a bell above her head. She pulled on another string, adjacent to it to stop the ringing as she yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"Morning Crystal." She said, greeting the blue owl. Crystal sat on her pedestal gracefully, shaking her head in an awakening motion. "What do you say to some blueberry muffins and snowdrop tea?"

The owl ruffled her feathers happily and landed on the girl's shoulder as the bell on her bracelet jingled.

Venus walked down a spiral staircase and pulled a book off the perpendicular shelf as she walked.

She looked at the cover and put it back lower on the shelf, pulling another instead.

"No, I've read "Seven Stars in the Ocean Sky" too many times, can you grab me "1,001 Potion Ingredients and Where to Find Them?" She asked the bird beside her. Crystal pecked her head and flew up the shelf wall that stretched from the floor to the ceiling. She grabbed a book with her talons and brought it to Venus who was waiting at the bottom of the staircase.

"Thank you Crystal." She said as the owl landed back on her shoulder and she took the book from her beak.

As she continued walking, she approached a hallway. Built more like a library with it's scaffolding and mile long bookshelves reaching from the ground to sky. The ceiling above her letting in the morning sunlight and making her eyes burn.

Venus walked the grand hallway and into a separated living room where she found her parents immersed in their books.

"Good morning." She said communally, walking past the pair and into the kitchen. "What do you say to blueberry muffins and snowdrop tea?"

"Sounds great honey." Her mother replied from beside her husband. Both curled up and leaning on each other for support.

Venus took out her wand and flicked it at her book. "Wingardium Leviosa." While under the age of 17 magic was prohibited, she was a special case. Her father worked for the ministry's magical defense department. His unique magical inventions and magical abilities made him a valuable ally during times of violence. "the ice king" as he was dubbed officially, could make a snowflake rage like fire and the biggest iceberg crumble below his feet. During the first war with Lord Voldemort Cornelius Snow had single handedly taken down some of the wizards fiercest supporters. His father always said how after Bellatrix Lestrange tortured Alice and Frank Longbottom, some of his closest friends, and even went as far as to near-fatally injure her mother, Layla, he froze her completely in place and helped lock her away in Azkaban. Her mother recovered, but the Longbottoms didn't, still in St. Mungo's hospital to this day. Neville, their son living with his grandma and actually a good friend to Venus, as they ran into each other at occasional family events and at school.

The book levitated in place as Venus swished her wand again, grabbing ingredients and having them mix together.

"Interesting, Boomslang skin in the Polyjuice and Beautification potions, I thought it was just the Poly." she muttered to herself as she tossed some blueberries into the muffin batter. The kettle beside her started to whistle and she flicked her wand to levitate it up and off the heated stove.

"Accio Snowdrops." She said, holding out a hand for the flower that came soaring through from the living room. Frost mansion had a greenhouse around the back of it with large glass walls and ceilings. There grew almost all of the herbs and ingredients to make a nice homegrown meal every morning. Venus took the flower in her hand and crushed it gently with a mortar and stone. She stared at her book as she pushed the heated oven open with one hand and set her full muffin mold inside.