Sleepover

Venus returned to her room and waved her wand around, casting spells to organize some of the mess she had in her room. She went over to one of her many bookshelves and grabbed three little beds that looked like they were made for dolls. The dormitories were made for at least four girls to share, since no one wanted to room with her out of fear, she had cast a shrinking charm on the extra beds to create more space. She moved the two dark blue velvet chairs she had in each corner, used when she was reading and shrunk them down. She put beds in their places and cast an enlarging charm.

"Engorgio."

Now there were four beds and she picked up the chairs and put them on the shelf. There was a tap on her window as Hermione, Ginny and Willow all crawled through with Crystal swooping in through the frame beside them.

"Who's ready to get this party started!" Willow cheered, spilling out some Bertie Botts every flavored beans from her bag.

The four girls spent the night gossiping, telling stories and trying various sweets they had brought with them.

Willow confessed her crush on Ethan to Hermione and Ginny. The younger redhead confessed her her crush on Harry, and Hermione her fictional crush in her latest book. Everyone turned to Venus to hear her secret love and she put a hand to her warming cheek

"I don't know if it's a crush... whats the difference between that and platonic love?"

Her fellow scholar gave her a textbook answer of, "a crush is when you find romantic interest in someone, and platonic love is more so caring about them indepthly without a romantic interest."

Ginny simply said, "you love a crush, you like a friend."

Neither was helping the Ravenclaw girl understand her emotions.

Willow sighed and ran a hand through her curly locks.

"I'm about as clueless in the romance department as the rest of you. I've never been in a relationship. But for me, a crush is someone that always makes me smile. He's there for me when I need him, and I care about him. I want to know how his day was and I want us to share things together. I want to be able to hug him and kiss him without it being as friends."

Her three friends stood agape, staring at the dark skinned girl as if she were the wisest being currently on the planet.

Ginny decided to break the silence and poked Venus with her foot.

"So is there anyone like that for you Venus?"

The ravenette thought until Willow poked her arm.

"I think I know who's on your mind."

Venus felt her blush rise. After what her friend had explained, it seemed as though her original suspicion of having a crush on the Slytherin boy was true.

"Draco Malfoy..."

"I expected as much." Hermione admitted. Ginny looked surprised and a little angry. "Im more worried about Ron and Harry's reactions to this though. Even though they've had the peace pact when your around, they hate each other the moment your out of range."

"I know." She admitted, hanging her head. "That's why I'm worried."

Willow sensed the tension and strain in her friends voice and quickly shifted the subject over to something more lighthearted. They ended the night with reading a tale from one of Venus' favorite childhood books "The Tale of the Beedle and Bard."