TWO

Terra was a nice Earth fairy. She obviously was very nervous to talk to the girl but Poppy was used to it. She didn't know why but people were always so easily intimidated by her. Maybe it was her overly intimidating eyebrows. Whatever it was, she was used to it.

"Common room is where 99% of the parties are held." She said walking through the many students looking lost.

"Parties?" Terra asked. 

Poppy nodded. "Yup. You don't party?"

Terra shook her head quickly. "It's not that. It's um... isn't this school where you know you go to learn stuff."

Poppy chuckled. "So I assume I won't see you at the orientation party."

"Umm..."

The girl saw her struggle to form any sentence. "Look Terra, it's not a big deal if partying isn't your scene. Nobody is gonna force you to do anything. But go to the orientation party, you'll meet a lot of cool people there. And if you need someone to go with, text me. I'll introduce you to my friends."

Terra smiled. "Thanks Poppy."

Poppy smiled back. "Well this is your room. Remember just cause I'm a Specialist and you're a fairy, doesn't mean I won't be here for you if you need anything." 

"Thank you." The girl stopped the girl before she left. "Wait Poppy." Terra handed the girl a succulent. "A thank you present."

"Thanks Terra." Poppy chuckled as she took the plant, waving one last time and walking to the specialist building and to her room.

The girl was lucky there weren't many female specialists so their rooms were bigger than for the fairies.

This year she was sharing a room with one of her best friends, Freya. She was also a specialist and a pretty good one too.

And just like that, her second year was looking a whole lot better than her first year. At least, that's what she hoped.