TWENTY-NINE

"Where the hell is she?" Riven yelled, running into the courtyard, Freya right behind him.

The girl couldn't bear being near her friend, not after what happened. She blamed herself for what happened. If Freya took her training more seriously, this wouldn't have happened, she wouldn't have lost her only best friend.

Now they were never gonna be able to watch the third season of Bridgerton.

Freya knew Poppy would want Riven here to say goodbye. He was her boyfriend. He needed to be here.

"Poppy!" Riven cried, taking the girl's hand. He felt nothing. Being neglected by his parents, he could take, but watching as the girl he deeply loved didn't  squeeze his hand back, the boy broke down. "Poppy seed?" Tears were running down his face. He didn't care if he looked weak in front of everyone. "Fix this please." Riven yelled at Professor Harvey.

"Watch it son." Professor Harvey said to the boy, calmly. He didn't take his yelling seriously, he knew what he felt like losing a loved one.

"She can't leave me. Not now. Not ever." Riven cried, putting his head down near the girl's side as he loudly cried. "I didn't even get to say goodbye."

Sky ached for his best friend. This was the Riven his twin sister fell in love with, and it only took her dying to fully understand what she meant with the soft Riven. Sky walked over to the boy and patted his back, trying to comfort him. It only made the boy cry harder.

"She told me to tell you she loves you." Sky told the boy.

Riven lifted his head up, revealing his red, puffy eyes and red nose. "She did?" The boy's voice cracked.

Sky nodded. "She did."

As the boy took one last look at the girl, he knew who's side he was truly on for this rebellion. Without Poppy in his life, the light to his soul, he was consumed with darkness. And there's only so much time the boy had, before he fully turned to the darkness.