NINE

"Get off your phone." Riven demanded the boy.

"And I'd listen to you because?" Dane asked.

"Because." Riven said, lifting himself up onto the platform to sit next to the boy. "You full creeped on my insta last night, and I haven't told anyone."

"I was just curious about all the second years." Dane defended himself. "My finger slipped."

"Oh your finger slipped?"

"Yeah twice."

"Twice?" Riven asked. 

"Shit."

"Who else were you creeping on?" Dane didn't say anything. He shifted his attention towards a blonde, laughing about something her friend said. Riven followed the boy's gaze and immediately frowned. "Poppy?"

"What?"

"It's fucking Poppy."

"Maybe. She's cool."

"So cool she just humiliated you just now." Riven chuckled but he couldn't shake off the annoying feeling in his stomach. He did not like another guy liking his girl. It did not sit well with him. "Look, I'm feeling generous. I might not be feeling that way much longer. First piece of advice is choose your friends carefully this year. Second, focus. Get your mind in it, man. You fought Pops with your limbs, and you lost. Being a good Specialist is not about how big you are, it's not about how strong, it's, it's all about strategy." Riven explained to the boy. "And third, stay the hell away from Poppy. She wouldn't want to date a first year, let alone someone who can't keep up with her."

With that Riven left the boy in his own world. Why was he all of sudden acting so defensive for the girl? Dane wouldn't be surprised if the boy liked her too. It's Poppy we're talking about.

She's absolutely gorgeous, a badass Specialist, any guy would be lucky enough to date her. But did Dane stand a chance?

He didn't care. He'll do everything he can to make her notice him.