TWENTY-FIVE

"So what's going on with you and Riven?" Sky asked the girl, finishing his burger. After the fight with Dane, Sky immediately pulled the girl away from their friends. He wanted some alone time to spend with his twin. That and he needed some of her advice. 

Poppy shrugged. "Nothing. What's going on with you and Bloom?"

Sky shrugged. "Nothing."

Poppy rolled her eyes. "Riven and I have always been complicated."

"Really?"

"You don't think so?"

Sky chuckled and shook his head. "Nothing about your relationship screamed complicated."

"I had a lot of insecurities and I kinda put it on him. I broke up with him because I was scared of losing him. I mean c'mon. I lost dad, Silva is a walking time bomb, I couldn't lose anyone else."

"So you broke up with Riven because you were scared of losing him?" Sky asked causing the girl to nod. "Funny because you didn't lose him. Instead he's even more adamant to be with you."

Poppy chuckled. "I know. I told him I needed some space to think. But I think I know what I want."

"And what's that?"

"To be with him again."

Sky smiled. "You know with everything that happened, I always saw him as this bad guy who wasn't good enough for you. But I see the way he treats you, how he talks about you, how he defends you, and even if it's so gross to see my best friend and twin sister be all lovely dovely, I wouldn't want you with anyone else."

Poppy smiled. "Thanks Sky. But even without your approval I'll still get back together with him."

Sky rolled his eyes. "Can't stop you from doing anything can I?"

"Nope." Poppy chuckled. "So moving onto the topic of you and Bloom?"

Sky sighed. "I like her, I really do. But ever since Silva asked me to follow her, it's like she's not telling me anything. Especially with the whole Beatrix thing. She's hiding something, I know it."

Poppy nodded. "You love her don't you?"

"What?"

"I know that smile. And I know how you feel when you're scared something's gonna happen to her. If you're so concerned with everything she's doing, that means she means something to you. I like Bloom. She compliments you better."

"I just wish things were normal, where we didn't have to worry about these dumb Burned Ones."

"I feel you."

"But you know what?" Sky asked.

"What?"

"No matter what happens, I'll always be here for you. Always." Sky said, looking at his sister. He knew she could protect herself, I mean have you seen her fighting skills? But even if he is the younger twin by 12 minutes, he always found the need to protect her. He needed to protect her. She's the only person he has right now that he can trust with vital information.

"Always."