ten

Jisung walked into school definitely not expecting to see Changbin clearly with a girl.

Seungmin snickered. "Looks like Changbin and that girl are dating again. What weirdos."

"For real. They're always on and off." Felix snickered back.

Seungmin and Felix very much enjoyed making fun of the clichés in their school.

A sigh grazed Jisung's throat. Changbin and that girl looked happy together, so would it really be that hard for him to say 'sorry, I don't like you back'?

Popular guys with undercuts confused him.

How long had it been? A few months? No, Jisung spent way too long pining over some guy. Who was he to expect everything to go smoothly?

Seungmin and Felix had other friends, too. When Jisung got unresponsive or willingly disappeared for lunches and breaks, they went to said other friends, had fun, appreciated the company.

So when Jisung disappeared again, Seungmin felt a tap on his shoulder.

Polite conversation. Fun.

"Does that Jisung guy you hang out with like Changbin or something?"

"What?" Seungmin stifled a crude snicker. "No, where'd you get that from?"

They shrugged. "Hyunjin told me."

Felix and Seungmin became increasingly confused. "I swear they don't even know each other," the blond chuckled, shrugging along too.

Other friends left, Jisung came back.

"We just got asked if you liked Changbin." Now it was time that Seungmin let out his chortle with his polite acquaintances gone. "That's so funny!"

He fought the instinctual urge to burn up. "What? Where'd anyone get that idea from?"

Felix shrugged once more. "No idea."

"We told them that you two don't even know each other."

'Right, we don't even know each other.'