/Chapter 1/

Author's note: Unknown pov's will always be in italics.

Unknown pov:

The noise of the subway is in the background. The noise of the people's chatter walking up and down the streets. The noise of the coffee machine brewing coffee. All drowned out by noise-cancelling headphones playing soft, calming meditation music in the ears. 

A cup of coffee on the balcony looking out to the hustle and moving city of New York down below, exquisite skyscrapers that light up the sky by night in front of her. 

It's 6:00 am on a random Monday morning. First day on the job as an intern column writer for a fashion magazine. Not a lot of time until she has to go through the hustle and bustle of New York's morning rush hour traffic. The underground subways are not any better during the morning commute to work. So many bodies, so many humans. Uggh. The thought makes everything much more miserable. 

*******

*At work, 7:50 am*

Aliyah's pov:

''Kat, I will be fine. Do not worry about me.'' I laugh and reassure my dearest childhood friend as I enter my new workplace. I quickly hush Kat over the phone as I let her know I got to work. We exchange quick goodbyes, promising to call later tonight and hang up the phone.

I walk to the reception as I check the clock behind the receptionist. It is 7:50 am. 'Phew, just in time' I thought as I put my phone on silent and away in my bag. I look up to see a tall, handsome man conversing with the receptionist. I can only see the side of his face but his jawline is very sharp. His cheekbones are dense and suit his face. I am so focused on him, I do not realise the receptionist calling me until she yells in my direction.

''Hey, you! Miss!'' She yells at me and I zone back into the environment around me. ''Sorry, I did not realise you were speaking to me.'' I giggle shyly and walk towards her. The receptionist rolls her eyes but continues to speak brightly. ''Yeah, yeah, I know. Too busy googling at mister handsome here.'' We both chuckled but quickly get back to business. ''So, I am the new intern column writer. Here to meet Miss Jones, Head of editing.'' I explain to her. The receptionist smiles and nods at me. 

She clicks a few times on the keyboard. ''Yup, got you right here on the system. Here is your new pass. Scan your pass through those gates, head straight towards the elevators. Take the elevators to the 24th floor.'' The receptionist explains kindly and quickly as a queue formed behind me. ''Someone should direct you to her office,'' she calls out as I quickly pace towards the elevators.

*Commute home, 5:30 pm*

The subway is busy as usual during the evening rush hour. Since I do not live far from work, I decided to walk to take in the scenery. I only live a few blocks down. Hearing and seeing why driving in the city is a nightmare are completely two different things. I see why people walk, cycle or take the subway now. 

As I continue to walk, being in my zone. I do not realise I walked into someone until the last minute and I fell. My bag is still on my body. Thank god is a zipped shoulder bag. I look up to see it is the same handsome man from this morning speaking to the receptionist at my workplace.

''Sorry about that. I can be clumsy sometimes.'' I chuckle as I get up and dust myself off. He lends a hand and helps me up and helps me to dust off. ''It's alright. It happens." He laughs at my clumsiness. ''Cole.'' ''Aliyah.'' We exchange pleasantries and make small talk before we say our goodbyes and move off in opposite directions. 

'Oooh, I did not realise how handsome he is until now.' I thought as I walk off in the direction of my apartment. I end up home by 6:00 pm. It did not take too long to get home by walking which is great. So, I can do this every evening.

I walk through my front door, put my keys in the bowl by the front door. I walk to my room to plop my things down in my bed and the floor.

I spend an hour or so working on a project I was assigned to complete by the end of the week. I do some research, sent out a few emails and scheduled a meeting for the next morning. After a while, I made dinner and I find myself in the living space with a blanket and a plate of food I made. I  grab the TC remote and turn on Netflix and begin to watch my current ongoing series I'm loving do much.

After dinner, I give kat a quick call to update her on my day. As I promised. I hanged up soon after.

I washed the dishes and put them away. I go to my bathroom attached to my bedroom. I wash my face, do my night skincare and brush my teeth as always.

I plop myself into bed with my phone in hand. I'm scrolling through social media.

All I can think about is that man I ran into today. Cole. His name keeps ringing bells in my head as if I know him from somewhere. I just do not know where. His face is very familiar. I huff at the thought of work the next morning. I set an alarm for the next morning before I set my phone to the side. I slowly drift off to sleep with Cole in my mind.

Author's note: So, this is first chapter guys. What do you think of how the Aliyah and Cole met? Do you think a relationship or friendship will blossom in the near future?

Read more to find out....