/Chapter 3/

Aliyah's pov:

It's Friday evening, and I'm walking out the door when my boss recognizes me and calls my name. "Hey, do you have a minute?" my boss asks hastily. "Sure, What's up?''. My boss appreciates the fact that I emailed her the project and left the hard copy on her desk. She clarifies that she will read it this weekend. If I need to make any modifications, she'll let me know. 

On Monday morning, I also have a meeting with her to deliver the project to the client. I nod a/''nd tell her that everything sounds fantastic. We exchange good wishes for the weekend, and I walk out the door.

Cole's pov:

I'm at a hot dog stand just outside her place of business just to have an excuse to see her again. I can't seem to shake her from my mind. Normally, I go about my business and keep most people at a distance. Aliyah, on the other hand, is not like the majority of individuals. She is the most stunning woman I have ever encountered.

I see her leaving the fashion magazine building, her shoulder bag slung over her body, her phone in her hand. She's probably lazily going around social media for any new information. She raises her eyes for a brief moment before coming to a complete stop. She notices a hot dog stand a few meters from her. She appears to be debating purchasing a hot dog. I presume she's looking for money in her bag while she rummages through it. She breathes a sense of relief and walks over to the stand, completely unaware that I'm there. 

I hear the sweetest voice I've ever heard. "I'd like three hot dogs, please, ketchup and mustard on all, thanks." The man and I both have our jaws open as we stare at her little physique. The man looks just as surprised as I am. She shrugs, not phased by the startled expressions, and pays the man. The man gives her a short nod, collects the money, and hands her, her change. He begins to prepare the hot dogs for her. 

"Damn, that's a lot for a girl like you," I unconsciously exclaimed. "Oh hi, Cole, I didn't notice you standing there." You have a distinct appearance." Aliyah tucks some strands of hair behind her ear and grins a little. "I know, different outfits and everything." ''Did you just finish your work?'' I ask her, she nods in response. 

I offer to walk her home once she has her hot dogs, and she accepts with a smile on her face. We continue to converse, and she offers me a hot dog as a thank you on the way to her house, which I happily take. 'Who am I to say no?' I thought. After a short distance, we arrive at her apartment, which is only a few blocks away. We exchange phone numbers, and I call for a cab to a friend's house.

Authors note: 

So, what do you think? Do you think Cole likes Aliyah? 

They've exchanged numbers now and you know what that means, constant communication between our two MCs. 

Read the next few chapters to see how they get to know one another. 

Do you think Cole will ask out Aliyah on a date? 

Continue reading to find out more.