/chapter5/

Speech in italics.

Cole's pov:

It has been a month since our last date. We have both been busy with work and have hectic schedules. It's understandable if it is hard for us to find time to spend together. But, we have spent two Fridays this past month together at her place for an evening of Netflix & food.

She's all I think about, day and night. I cannot think of anything or anyone else but her. She has taken over my mind.

I'm working from my home office working on some ongoing projects I have going on with several well known companies.

A knock on the door from my assistant pulls me out of my thoughts.

'come in'

'yes?' I ask my assistant as they walk in.

'the head of editing from New York publishing is on line 2 waiting for you'

'okay, thank you. I'll pick it up'

My assistant gives me a curt nod before closing my door again and going back to her desk. My assistant spends the rest of the day setting meetings for me and answering any emails she gets.

I answer the call from New York publishing. I spend the rest of my day answering back to back emails, conference calls on zoom all day on some small projects I am doing with them this month.

I make a mental note to text Aliyah when I get the chance.

------------------------------------------------------------------

274 words

Author's note: hey guys, thanks for being so patient with me. I know it's been a while since I last updated. This is a short, filler chapter unfortunately.

I'll make sure the next chapter is really good.