Side Episode 4 "Repressed Wishes"

(While Grace and Adeline were well into their intense Jedi training Regiment, Colin worked personally with June Skywalker on a separate training field.)

June: (demonstrates her base athleticism by doing many push up handstands) Colin: (claps his hands) Not bad at all, June

Colin: (claps his hands) Not bad at all, June. Didn't expect you to do that for a solid 30 minutes. I can see your body is very well conditioned for combat.

June: (finishes and stand back up) I guess that's one thing I know for certain. (Grins and wipes her forehead) So what's next? (Hesitant) Are we doing stuff with the Force? I'm still not good at that.

Colin: Not yet. We're testing your lightsaber combat. (removes his robe) I'm kind of excited. I've heard so much about your saber prowess, and now it's your time to show it. (Hands her a training cog, puts his on, and ignites his lightsaber)

June: (ignites her lightsaber) Heh, now I'm a little nervous.

Colin: (smiles) Nah, you can switch off your "safety mode" and throw everything you have at me. Don't try to impress me...try to beat me.

June: As you wish, Master. (Changes her stance and fights)

Colin: (deflects and parries) Oooooh Makashi. (Counters with a different form)

June: (responds with another form)

(For a very brief moment, Colin noticed June hesitantly used Form 7 for a split second before switching to Form 5 which she was more confidence using.)

Colin: (dodges her strikes) Hmmm, now I see the Skywalker in you...all of you love Djem So.

June: I'm just getting started. (Switches again and speeds up her strikes with Ataru)

Colin: (jumps and flips around as well)

(After several minutes of sparring, June seemed to have backed Colin into a corner)

Colin: (clashes blades with June) You are indeed learned and adept with the lightsaber, June...probably even better than your mother when she first started here....however this puts you at a greater disadvantage.

June: (confused) What?

Colin: All this skill means you have so much more to unlearn.

June: (tilts head) Un-learn?

Colin: (slowly walks her back while still clashing) I don't how you did it, but you fight almost exactly like our old training programs. And using dated material isn't the problem here...it's the fact that you have no variation with said styles.

June: No variation?

Colin: Up to this point, we've been fighting form to form...match to match; but if I mixed Forms even for a little bit....(instantly confuses June with his attacks and virtually strikes her with 9 different killing blows) ...your style beings to unravel.

June: (drops to her knee and pants) I don't understand...I thought I was winning. Where did I slip?

Colin: For someone who was never a Jedi, your swordplay is extremely orthodox...almost as if you're trying your hardest to "play" and think in the shoes of a Jedi. In combat, Jedi aren't supposed to play and think...they are to feel and act.

June: (looks down) Feel...(sadly sighs) And it all goes back to Force doesn't it?

Colin: I'm not even talking about the Force right now. This lesson applies to everyone in life. I know we're just sparring, but your heart's not in it. You're trying waaay too hard to be someone else rather than yourself. Don't be afraid. (Helps her up) Fight like you mean it. You're a Skywalker...I know you got more in you than that.

June: I'm just nervous...going all out.

Colin: Trust me, June. There's nothing I haven't seen someone throw at me in a fight. Come at me like I'm your enemy. Begin. (Charges this time and catches her off guard)

June: (stumbles back and tries to switch between Forms as fast as possible)

Colin: Feel, June. Feel. (Parries everything) Show me what makes you, you!

June: (slowly goes into her old killer mode and takes out one of his his arms by pinning it against a tree with her knee)

Colin: (surprised) Ow. Heh, getting better...but show me more. (Switches hands)

(The more June fought like she used to, the less she used her lightsaber. The fight gradually shifted to June's side as she added more punches and kicks that damaged Colin more and more.)

Colin: (thinks to himself) Now I'm feeling it. So this is the real you, June? Keep going, don't stop!

June: Okay, but you asked for it.

(Right as June went to give a heavy downward chop with her arm, Colin blocked her incoming attack and countered it so sharply, it sent a sharp sting up her arm and it triggered a memory so deep and cold that she snapped and retaliated with a forceful kick to Colin's head.)

Colin: (falls back) Wow, ow...now that was more like it, Ju- (his eyes widen as he dodges a violent follow-up by June) Whoa!

June: (keeps fighting)....

Colin: (flips backwards and senses something different in her) Whoa, June, calm down.

June: Threat level: Critical

June: Threat level: Critical. (Removes the safety cog and engages completely differently) Executing mission.

Colin: June, what's going on? (Dodges more) We're training, remember? Not trying to actually kill each other.

June: (uses Vaapad without even thinking) Eliminate target.

Colin: (goes on guard for real) Come back to me, June. (Deflects her attacks) Don't do this. I'm not here to hurt you.

June: (uses the Fade and appears behind him) But I am.

Colin: (shocked) June!

To be continued