Chapter 6

The next morning like usual Ella went to work and as usual she found a rose on her desk with a card that said you have natural beauty, Ella tries to show it that she isn't getting effected by his gestures but it is getting more and more difficult because his gestures is affecting her badly, she never had anyone who cared about her, she never had anyone interested in her, never had someone who liked her, she was always the overlooked whether it was in prep school, high school, college or her former job.

The last time she liked someone as a friend he was older than her and he ditched her for a girl he just met, he ended his friendship with her after he ignored her for more than a month after the death of her father.

she was not surprised as since the day he had met that girl his act toward Ella had changed, he started ditching her, he would not pick up his phone, nor would he call her and when she would see him, he would say that he was busy, even on her birthday he did not call her nor did he show up at the hospital after the car accident she was in.

there are many reasons Ella hates her birthday, her mother died a few days before her birthday, her dad had insisted that they should go out and celebrate her birthday the night of that accident, her birthday was the same night her dad died so Ella stopped celebrating her birthday ever since that night.

when someone asks about her birthday she says it is just another day, since she did not have friends no one questioned it, she only had two people in her life but they were not her friends, Ella considered them family, so when someone asks her if they did ask about her friends she would say that she did not have any friend.

unfortunately the people Ella considered were family were a few years older than her she met them when she was at prep school while they were in high school they were like her older siblings they protected her, they cared about her but they graduated early and they had to move away to a different city and she lost contact with them but she still considered them family, hopping to see them again and deep inside she knew she will meet them again but now was not the time.

as for the guy who used to be her friend Ella knew she will see him again but she was strong, he did not affect her that badly, he was just a phase in her life.

Matt had been busy that she could not see him, but she was not affected by his disappearance as she was busy trying to reach her only living relative, unfortunately because of him she could not go visit her aunt, of course it was her choice as she did not want to cause any problems between him and her aunt.

He was too important for her to cause a drift between him and her aunt, even after what he did to her she still cared about him, he was too young to be left alone he still needed her aunt, she did not blame him for his act after all it was not his fault, her mother made a mistake by her choices of course Ella did not blame her as she never knew her, Ella knew what love could make you do.

her birth mother had made the mistake of falling in love with a married man, unfortunately for her that man was not who she thought he was, Ella believed that he was only using her mother, her mother was blinded by her love that she got involved with a married man and when he was done with her he threw her like a rag saying he was never going to be with her she was just a mistake, she did not even tell him that she was pregnant a few month later she found out that his wife was expecting, she had to turn to the only person whom she could trust her two bestfriends, they took care of her but her condition was so bad that she had to deliver before her dew date, she passed away giving birth to Ella, Ella was then adopted by her mother's bestfriend who went to her father's brother and told him about what happened to Ella's mother, Ella's aunt and uncle did not know what to do but they kept in contact with her parents but when Ella's parents passed away her aunt and uncle could not afford another child as her brother was living with them, so when Ella lost the rest of her adoptive family, she chose to stay at a boarding school, she knew her brother could not take of himself and that her aunt and uncle could only take care of one child, she used to visit them on her vacation, she thought she was close to her brother but when her uncle died she found out the ugly truth.

her brother started acting weird her aunt was getting worried so Ella tried to talk to him to see what is wrong with her, but his replied was the straw that broke the camel's back

"You act like you are welcomed here, Ella don't believe yourself you are a mere mistake your mother was a gold digger she went after my dad for his money but when he realized her intentions and realized his mistake he broke things with her, you should not have been born, I tried to be nice with you because our aunt and uncle were blinded by your fake innocent mask but me I always saw who you really are, you are just like your mother, a gold digger, you thought you fooled me, nope no one know who you are, I never considered you a sister even my bestfriend does not know who you are or that you even exist, you should have died with like your mother"

his words broke her, her own brother, she made her aunt promise her not to treat him differently and to act like she did not know what happened between Ella and him, she told her aunt that she was going to stay at cities near there home and that she would sent her aunt her address.

for years Ella and her aunt have been meeting at different cities and when her aunt would ask her about the time when she will be back at the city

"it is too soon, I don't want him to get upset or cause him problems if he ever bumps into me at the streets" would be her reply

of course it was killing her not to see her brother and not to be able to go back to her home town or even visit her parents grave but she knew she needed to give him space.

Ella has not visited her parents grave since she was fourteen that was when she drifted apart from her brother which also happened to be her birthday.

maybe if Matt was here he would have tried to get her out of the state she was in, Karen was trying to make her friend happy, but she knew what Ella was thinking about, Karen knew what Ella was going through and how her brother treated her, because of him Ella lost all trust in men.

what surprised Karen was the fact that Ella was willing to die for her brother even though he did not consider her a sister, she knew that Ella truly cared for her brother, Ella was truly amazing, she was a forgivable person especially when it comes to people she cared about.