°▪CHAPTER FOUR▪°

Alaric's pov
I woke up got dressed and downstairs to the kitchen to be greeted by Bowes and a chorus of 'Good morning alpha' I sat down ate then grabbed the keys to my car. When I reached college , i was late because of some border issues with rogues, but then Ryker started to pace around in my mind.
"What is it" I asked annoyed
" I don't know I just feel like something exciting is going to happen" he replied
Okay
I went to the first class, but when I entered I smelled the most amazing smell ever
It smelt like roses but mixed with vanilla and citric essence weird combination but it smelled amazing and very calming, I looked around all wolves were bowing but then a girl caught my eye she was looking down into her note.
Mate! Mate! Mate! Ryker said
I looked at her, I have been searching for my mate for 7 years and there she was looking ever so beautiful, with her hair shimmering in the sunlight, I went to sit near her that was when she looked up I was met with the most beautiful brown eyes I have ever seen. She looked at me for a second then went back to taking notes. "I shouldn't fall for her". 'it's our mate we are talking about" Ryker said. "remember the last time we loved someone" I asked him "But that wouldn't happen to our mate? would it?" Ryker asked. "I am not taking any chances" I replied. "At least talk to her for one second" Ryker begged. "no" i replied . please? Ryker pleaded.

I knew she was a human. "but it doesn't bother me she is our mate." Ryker said. "Ryker, you are acting like a love-sick pup" I said . "I am not a pup." Ryker replied with a growl 'then don't act like one." I told him "talk to her." Ryker said again. "Are you new here I have never seen you around " I asked "yeah" she replied, and she looked up at me again but her eyes lingered on me a little this time.

"Ask her about her name" said Ryker. "what's your name?" I asked she replied "Estella" , it was a beautiful name but something felt wrong, I decide to ignore it "yours?" came her question I replied "Alaric." After the lecture, I saw Roxy talking to her. I was staring at her who was getting lunch when she started to grab some tray and came straight towards me in speed, the next thing I know she stopped me from getting hit by a bullet.
"What the hell" I jumped up and said "how did you do that" said blake my beta that was near me
She just shrugged and said "I don't know, I just saw a red laser point on Alaric." We three me, my beta, and my third in command Leo looked at each other "how in the fucking hell did that happen, who would attack you?" asked Leo "How the fuck did she catch it like that" asked blake. "I don't know but find out who did it, is that understood?" I asked "yes alpha" came from both of them after that I spoke up "thank you " to her

"Welcome I guess" she said, then a voice came over the speakers Everybody please stay calm we have called the authorities and they will be taking the necessary actions for now, the institute will be closed until further notice.
"So much for the first day," I heard her mumble.
As I went to pick up my stuff blake came running to me. "Alaric some people who were outside said that they saw a shadow in the woods. Our warriors couldn't track the scent, the people who witnessed  the scene said that they had smelled rouges" he said. "Some alphas were also attacked the past days, today's meeting was about that" I said glaring at him because he didn't attend it. "I am sorry Alaric, Jessi wanted some things and I couldn't deny it, I swear to god that she can control me sometimes" he said "Stop blabbering about your mate blake." I told him. "Sorry" he apologized.
We went back to the packhouse, though I have my own house I sometimes live in the packhouse. Tomorrow was my 23rd birthday and at a weak moment, I allowed Roxy my sister to prepare a party.

As I was trying to sleep but she occupied my mind.
I will not fall for her.