『Waking Up In A Different World』

When Diedre woke up again, he woke up in a room filled with posters. Posters of his favourite movies almost looked like home when he remembers the beeping of the heart monitor and the weeping of his family.

He quickly rushed out of the room and hears a shout of his name before he falls onto the ground. Diedre gets up and sees in horror that he was not in his usual fifteen-year-old body but instead in the body of a child, a baby.

Before he could gasp in horror, arms wrapped around him from the back and steadied him on his feet and asked him whether he was okay or not. He quickly smiled at the person behind him and then rushed back into the room and slammed the door shut.

He stood in front of the mirror and looked at himself. A small pudgy baby, with cheeks that looked like those of a chipmunk and hair as golden as the sun.

Shit, he was a child.

♬♬♬

By the age of five, that is two years after he sees his chipmunk face, he finally gets to know where he is.

He is five, physically and 17, mentally, but he can ignore that. His mother, a wealthy businesswoman usually hires nannies to look after him so he gets a lot of freedom to roam around.

Which led to his current predicament, standing in front of a black-haired boy with sea-green eyes and a woman who looked almost like him looking at him with her kind eyes.

"Hello, dear, are you lost? We can help look for your parents if you are lost," she said.

Diedre knew not to talk to strangers, but the woman felt familiar somehow so he said, "Nope, I came here by myself but I have to call my mom to pick me up."

The boy who was hiding behind the woman stepped out and said to the woman, "Mom, can we take him home? He can call his mom from there right?"

The woman looked surprised but Diedre resigned to his fate of being dragged into a stranger's home. The woman looked like she clearly agreed so she bent down to his level and said, "My name's Sally and this Percy. You can come with us and you can call your mom from there."

Diedre thought about this for a moment and then nodded and Percy caught hold of his hands and said, "Then come along, I'll show you the way."

And with that Diedre was dragged along with the sea-green eye coloured boy and his mother to their apartment, unknowingly his fate entangling with Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon. 

♬♬♬

It was when he was in sixth grade tragedy struck Diedre's slacker life. That to on a field trip for a Latin Class to a mueseum.

Diedre Hayes, now grown from his five-year-old glory to his twelve-year-old glory but not before getting introduced to the main protagonist of the novel, Percy Jackson.

It wasn't that he wanted to get introduced to the protagonist during an accidental meet-up when they were five. It wasn't even that he wanted to get involved with all the bullshit of greek myths.

But he had a sinking feeling he was going to get entangled into this bullshit of greek myths even without the human chain he had gained named Percy Jackson.

It was all normal until Percy (That fucker was on fucking probation) decided to go awry, that was wetting Nancy with water when he was looking in some other direction and Mrs. Dodds comes along and makes his day even worse. 

The water in the fountain rose up and grabbed Nancy, pulling her into the fountain. "Percy pushed me!" Mrs. Dodds appeared beside them, helping Nancy almost immediately, while the other kids started whispering amongst themselves. Percy looked at them in confusion.

Mrs. Dodds turned her attention to Percy, looking like she was waiting for this moment. Percy grumbled. A terrified Grover tried standing up for Percy but was brushed aside.

So Diedre spoke up, "Uh, Mrs.Dodds, maybe I should come with Percy 'cause y'know, I kinda helped him with pushing Nancy in the water."

And Diedre by gods wished that he was a demigod that garnered enough interest from the fury because he was not letting Percy, get a traumatic experience all on his own.

Mrs. Dodds thought for a moment that then nodded. Grover looked nervously at him but he gave him a reassuring smile while Percy looked at him like he had finally gotten crazy enough.

 Percy then turned to face Mrs Dodds, but she wasn't there. She was standing at the museum entrance, way at the top of the steps, gesturing impatiently at them to come on.

How'd she get there so fast?

Diedre knew why so he turned towards Percy who still looked confused, maybe blaming his ADHD.

They went after Mrs Dodds.

They looked back up. Mrs Dodds had disappeared again. She was now inside the building, at the end of the entrance hall.

They followed her deeper into the museum. When they finally caught up to her, they were back in the Greek and Roman section.

Except for them, the gallery was empty.

Mrs Dodds stood with her arms crossed in front of a big marble frieze of the Greek gods. She was making this weird noise in her throat, like growling.

Even without the noise, Diedre would've been nervous. Something about the way she looked at the frieze, as if she wanted to pulverize it...

'You've been giving us problems, honey,' she said.

Percy did the safe thing. Percy said, 'Yes, ma'am.'

She tugged on the cuffs of her leather jacket. 'Did you really think you would get away with it?'

The look in her eyes was beyond mad. It was evil.

So Diedre posed himself, to protect both Percy and himself from any attacks they faced from the fury, even though he knew it was pretty much useless.

"Your time is up,' she hissed. Then the thing happened. Her eyes began to glow like barbecue coals. Her fingers stretched, turning into talons. Her jacket melted into large, leathery wings. She wasn't human. She was a shrivelled hag with bat wings and claws and a mouth full of yellow fangs, and she was about to slice me to ribbons.

Then things got even stranger.

Mr Brunner, who'd been out in front of the museum a minute before, wheeled his chair into the doorway of the gallery, holding a pen in his hand.

'What ho, Percy!' he shouted, and tossed the pen through the air."

Diedre thought to himself that now would be a good time to get a weapon but alas, he didn't so he just hid behind Percy as he wielded his sword, Riptide. Of course, Percy didn't know thar as he skrewed the Fury with the sword.

Grover was sitting by the fountain, a museum map tented over his head. Nancy Bobofit was still standing there, soaked from her swim in the fountain, grumbling to her ugly friends. When she saw them, she said, 'I hope Mrs Kerr whipped your butt.'

Percy said, 'Who?'

'Our teacher. Duh!'

And with that Diedre prevented Percy's rest of the school year being ruined with just a hand on his mouth and smiled at Nancy sweetly and said, "Of course."

And then he turned around to where Grover was and asked him, even though he knew the answer 'cause grover was the most horrible liar he had ever seen on this Earth.

 Deidre asked Grover where Mrs Dodds was.

He said, 'Who?'

But he paused first, and he wouldn't look at them.

And Diedre almost gave him a face-palm at the bad lying skills but fine, he'll accept that now.

♬♬♬

One thing Diedre knew seeing the letter in his hands was that he had gone crazy.

His mom, the one who really did not wrote a letter for him and when he read the contents of the letter, he knew why his mother had written it to him.

And he knew why this letter came to him now.

Percy's fate was being realised and his fate was being realised too.