『Meeting The Godly Side of The Family』

Do you know that feeling that something terrible will happen because of your family? Diedre knows it's going to happen because as soon as Artemis said those words, all eyes turned 

"Apollo's son," Zöe sneered, "Are thy like Apollo?"

Diedre didn't know whether he should be insulted or blessed that this was what he was being compared with or that Artemis told the hunters about him.

Before he could speak, Thalia toed in and said, "Does it matter to you, hunter?"

Zöe glared at Thalia and said, "It is my problem."

Diedre could look upon the scene hopelessly. Aayansh had found shelter in Nico, both talking passionately about Mythomagic in hushed whispers but he could clearly hear their conversation over the silence that prevailed over them.

Diedre sighed and stepped forward and said, "Guys, stop, we can discuss that later.  Right now, let's get away from here," pointing towards the shock-stricken Percy, flabbergasted Grover and Bianca and Theodore standing next to him, "and Lady Zöe can decide on the way whether I'm like my dad."

"What about the girl who fell?" piped up, Aayansh and Diedre imagined hitting him with a shoe on his head as soon as he commented.

Percy's face soured. Thalia turned away. Even Artemis looked pained.

"Do not despair for Annabeth," the goddess said. "She was a brave maiden. If she can be found, I shall find her."

"Then why won't you let us go look for her?" Percy asked.

"She is gone. Can't you sense it, Son of Poseidon? Some magic is at work. I do not know exactly how or why, but your friend has vanished."

"Oo!" Aayansh raised his hand. "What about Dr Thorn? That was awesome how you shot him with arrows! Is he dead?"

"He was a manticore," Artemis said. "Hopefully he is destroyed for now, but monsters never truly die. They re-form over and over again, and they must be hunted whenever they reappear."

"Or they'll hunt us," Thalia said.

That was the sad reality of their lives and Diedre could never really change that.

"We've burdened these children enough," Artemis announced. "Zoe, we will rest here for a few hours. Raise the tents. Treat the wounded. Retrieve our guests' belongings from the school."

"Yes, my lady."

"And, Bianca, Diedre come with me. I would like to speak with you."

"What about me?" Nico asked.

"You can stay with the others. I shall bring them back soon," she said, gesturing for them to follow her.

♬♬♬

Diedre was made to wait outside one of the tents with the other hunters while Bianca went in. Diedre knew what she wanted to ask: To join the hunters and Diedre hopes that he will at least change this death.

He didn't have to wait for long and he thanked anime for that for he would have died if he had to stand in the glares of the hunters.

"Diedre Hayes, enter." Artemis' voice called him from inside the tent.

He enters the tent and sees Bianca standing hesitantly to one side and he moves to stand by her side, bowing towards Artemis.

"Rise, Diedre hayes, I want to have some words with you," Artemis said.

"You must forgive my Hunters if they do not welcome you," Artemis said. "It is very rare that we would have boys in this camp. Boys are usually forbidden to have any contact with the Hunters. The last one to see this camp..." She looked at Zoe. "Which one was it?"