『We Finally Enter the Underworld to Finish the Quest』

After a super messy fight with 'Crusty' the bed seller, who Diedre let Percy handle, they arrived in front of the Underworld's gates.

"You guys go forward with searching for a way in, I'll follow you. I have a job to do here," Diedre said, as he shoved the others forward but then Nico grasped his hands and asked, "Can I come with you?"

Diedre obviously wanted to say no but Nico gave him a look that made him turn to putty in his hands. Maybe if he became important enough, the Titan lord should threaten him with children instead of power.

"Okay then, Nico can come with me if it's all right with Bianca," Diedre said, looking at Bianca for approval who nodded at him.

"Then can I come with you?" Percy asked, looking more hopeful than ever. Well, Percy must think it would be a boring job to search for an entry into the Underworld, Diedre thought.

"Perce, isn't this quest yours? Go lead it or whatever. We'll be back in a few moments," Diedre said, turning back and Nico following him.

♬♬♬

"Nico, stay over there. I need to find something first and then we'll go over to the other, all right," Diedre said, pointing to a spot near the sign.

"I can help you search for whatever you need to find. What do you need to find? Is it something cool?" Nico asked, practically bouncing on the spot.

Diedre smiled and ruffled his hair and said, "It's a comb. I need to find Lady Aphrodite's comb."

"Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty. Attack power 2000?"

"Yes, maybe. Teach me some Mythomagic when we reach camp, okay," Diedre said, bending down to search for anything shiny that would lead him to the comb.

"Of course. I will. Nobody really wants to learn Mythomagic, not even Bianca but she always listens to me...listen Diedre, I hear growls coming from there. What's over there?" Nico asked, moving closer to Diedre.

Diedre looked over to where Nico was pointing to. A black thing was floating over there and believe him, he would name the thing if he could but it would be fine as long as he could kill it with his weapons.

Diedre could not waste any time. Nico was behind him and on the other side, there were Percy, Annabeth, Grover and Bianca. If he made any mistake now, any of them could get hurt so he had to take action before it could so he shot it with an arrow to see if it could be hurt by his weapons.

As soon as the arrow hit the thing, it hissed and rushed forward. Diedre quickly changed his weapon from his bow to his sword and lunged forward, hacking away at the thing when it vaporized, leaving him breathless when he heard, "Look Diedre, I think that's the comb you were looking for."

He turned to pick the comb that had fallen near his feet and then said, 'Lady Aphrodite, I've found your comb.'

He moved over to Nico and before Nico could open his mouth a bright light flashed in front of them and the comb disappeared from his hands with a faint smell of roses.

"Wow, that was super cool. You were like whoosh and then the smoke went like swoosh and then you went wooo and the smoke then disappeared. And the comb disappeared with the smell of roses," Nico said, tugging his shirt.

"Yeah, I know right. You'll be even cooler than me when you start to train," Diedre smiled, ruffling Nico's hair.

"I'll never be as cool as you, Dee," Nico said, still in awe.

♬♬♬

Thankfully, it did make things easier after they had been ferried across the Styx by a begrudging Charon. Diedre knew that as soon as they arrived in Los Angeles they would have little time before Hades descended on them and summarily eviscerated him for looking at his kids funny, so he had been forced to. . .adapt a little to avoid a monster or two.