『Claiming and Capture the Flag』

Diedre would like to tell everyone that he tried his best. Really. But he failed at everything he planned which included everything he had done up till now.

1. Lay low-That went out of the window as soon as he defeated the Minotaur. 

2. Don't talk to Luke-Aah, he was kinda expecting that to not happen but alas it happened.

3. Stop the famous 'bathroom incident'-By the end of the day everyone, was talking about it so it went into the dustbin.

4. Don't get everybody;'s attention at the same time during the campfire or at the dining pavilion.

For the fourth one on his long list, he would like to sincerely blame Apollo, or currently dad

♬♬♬

By the time Percy returned to the cabin, Diedre had found a sleeping bag for Percy and some toiletries to deal with. He handed them to Percy and gave him a wink as he said, "Found you a sleeping bag,' he said. 'And here, I stole you some toiletries from the camp store.'

Percy said, 'Thanks. And also are you serious about the stealing?'

Diedre winked at him and gave way to Luke who was standing to talk to Percy.

'Thanks.' Luke sat next to Percy, pushed his back against the wall. 'Tough first day?'

'I don't belong here,' Percy said. 'I don't even believe in gods.'

'Yeah,' he said. 'That's how we all started. Once you start believing in them? It doesn't get any easier.'

The bitterness in his voice surprised Percy because Luke seemed like a pretty easygoing guy. He looked like he could handle just about anything.

'So your dad is Hermes?' Percy asked.

He pulled a switchblade out of his back pocket and he just scraped the mud off the sole of his sandal. 'Yeah. Hermes.'

'The wing-footed messenger guy.'

'That's him. Messengers. Medicine. Travellers, merchants, thieves. Anybody who uses the roads. That's why you're here, enjoying cabin eleven's hospitality. Hermes isn't picky about who he sponsors.'

Percy figured Luke didn't mean to call him a nobody. He just had a lot on his mind.

'You ever meet your dad?' Percy asked.

'Once."

Luke looked up and managed a smile. 'Don't worry about it, Percy. The campers here, they're mostly good people. After all, we're extended family, right? We take care of each other."

The moment he said it, a horn blew in the distance. 

Luke yelled, 'Eleven, fall in!'

The whole cabin, about twenty of them, filed into the commons yard. We lined up in order of seniority, so of course, Percy and Diedre were dead last. Campers came from the other cabins, too. 

 Naiads emerged from the canoeing lake. A few other girls came out of the woods – and when people say out of the woods, they mean straight out of the woods. Percy saw one girl, about nine or ten years old, melt from the side of a maple tree and come skipping up the hill.

In all, there were maybe a hundred campers, a few dozen satyrs, and a dozen assorted wood nymphs and naiads.

At the pavilion, torches blazed around the marble columns. A central fire burned in a bronze brazier the size of a bathtub. Each cabin had its own table, covered in white cloth trimmed in purple. Four of the tables were empty and cabin eleven's table was way too overcrowded.