『Sudden Quests and Monsters』

That night turned out to be a night full of excitement, Diedre thought, as he sat glumly in the Apollo Cabin, confined to bed rest after exerting and injuring himself worse.

Truthfully, he would have just yelled fuck you and walked out of the cabin to help Percy out but then Will gave him those eyes and he turned to putty in his hands as the others smirked at him as he groaned and walked over to his bed.

Diedre looked at the ceiling of the cabin and then turned a few times around and then fell asleep.

♬♬♬

Usually, Diedre was spared from the nightmares that demigods often suffered, maybe because even though his physical body was that of a half-blood but mentally he was just a normal person.

But that night, he awoke to Aphrodite in his dream.

Okay, he didn't know it was Aphrodite who was standing in front of him. he just thought he was having those nice dreams where he thought of his mother, in this universe but it turned out to be entirely something else.

"What a kid you are. Really, the most beautiful person for you is your mother," the lady scoffed a bit at him.

"I can imagine you as the MC from this otome game I used to play," Diedre said. He could if he wanted. Rosa from Tears of Themis was totally pretty, he guessed.

"That's nice but I have come to you for something else though. Do you know who am I?" The lady asks.

Diedre pondered on that for a while and clicked his fingers and said, "You're Lady Aphrodite, right!"

The lady, Aphrodite laughed softly at that and said, "You truly are different from the others that Apollo had sired."

"Really, did dad want to see me or something?"

"He did. But right now, because of the war raging on in the heavens, he is busy, but tomorrow when you wake up, you'll find something he custom made for you with Chiron."

Diedre felt oddly pleased with that but then he asked, "So what is it you wanted me to do for you?"

Aphrodite giggled and said, "Straight to the point. Okay then, I lost my comb down here on Earth and I need a demigod to find that for me, so I choose you, son of Apollo."

Diedre needed more hints than 'lost on Earth' when Aphrodite continued, "It's somewhere near the Underworld gate in Las Vegas."

"Then, I'll go out tomorrow for the quest," Diedre said, as he bowed down.

"One last thing, send me a prayer as soon as you find it. I'll answer you and I'll send a message to Chiron too. Let's see what you can do, son of Apollo," she said, as he fell into a dreamless sleep again.

♬♬♬

Diedre woke up with the sun and the siblings. 

Lee told him it was a side-effect of being an Apollo kid but really Diedre thought it was because of the loud songs that Michael insisted on singing every morning.

Even though they were Apollo's kids, Diedre would like each of them to zip their mouths and let him sleep.

As he laid on his bed, the others exited when Will came running into the room and jumped on his bed and shouted, "Dee! Dee! Chiron's looking for you!"

Diedre groaned a bit when suddenly his face was doused with ice-cold water and he woke up with a start. 

The culprit was no other than Lee, who was grinning down at him. Well, Diedre would tear that grin on his face when he suddenly remembered last night's vision and groaned.