Hanukkah Pt. 2

You were able to finally get yourself together and peel yourself from him, and when you did, you did your best to walk through the rest of the building.

It was an incredible walkthrough. You went through the entire backstage, combing through all of the dressing rooms. You got to see instruments and clothing that belonged to the musicians you loved. You got to hold a guitar that belonged to Hank Williams. You got to take pictures on the stage and in the rooms. Your favorite part was getting to sign the guestbook on your way out. You put your name and Kylo's next to the date, taking a picture of it, so you'd never forget. 

When you finally made it back into the car, your eyes were swollen and your nose was raw. But you were happy. So fucking happy. 

"Fuck, dude, that was amazing," you breathed. "Thank you."

"It's nothing. Happy Hanukkah," he said as he put his hand behind your headrest, looking back so he could back out. 

"So, we headed back to New Orleans now?" You looked at him. 

"No."

"Then where are we going?" 

"We're staying here tonight," he said as though you should have known. 

"What? I don't have any of my stuff," you looked at the back of the car.

"You'll be fine," he dismissed you. "I figured you should spend at least a day here, so you can be in the place where your story's set and all."

"I mean, that's so nice, but I feel like you're spending too much money on me," you looked at him with a worried expression. 

"Don't worry about the money," he scoffed. 

"Oh, yes. Rich boy problems, I forgot," you smiled. 

The ride wasn't much longer. He pulled up in front of a charming hotel called The Remington, and you recognized the exterior from years of reading about Shreveport and the local spots that Hayride stars would hang out at. You both got out of the car and walked to the front desk. 

Kylo was the one handling the business, a sweet young girl helping him check in. 

"Oh, you got the Grand Suite. That's the perfect room for a romantic getaway," the hotel clerk smirked as she got the keys ready. Your cheeks blushed as you looked to Kylo, hoping he would break the news to her. 

"There's two bedrooms, right?" He asked quickly. 

"Yes," she responded, clearly embarrassed she had assumed. "Yes, it's a bi-level suite with beds on both floors."

Kylo took the key and gave her a nod before you both walked in the direction of the room. 

The room was outstanding. A floor to ceiling window gave you scenic views of downtown Shreveport, and a spiral staircase led up to the top floor. The room was modernly decorated, and it was certainly the nicest place you had ever stayed in. You were used to roadside motels, so it wouldn't have taken much. 

"You can take the room up top," Kylo said, setting his overnight bag down on the bed on the lower floor. "That one's bigger."

"Thanks. This place is really cool," you said, sitting on his bed.

"It had good reviews online. Plus, it's supposed to be a historical building," he sat on the other side of the bed. 

You pulled out your phone and looked at the time. "So. What are we gonna do?"

He huffed. "We could go to dinner. There's some nice places around. Or we could stay in and watch something. Whatever you want to do, really."

You leaned back, thinking about it. "Let's do dinner. But let me take a shower. I feel gross," you got up and walked toward the bathroom. "And I don't have nice clothes. But that's on you. Because you gave me no information."