The Tower

You slept at his house. As much as you wanted to talk to Rey, to tell her how incredibly sorry you were, she didn't return your calls or your messages. So, when he invited you to stay the night, you agreed in the hope that it would keep your mind occupied long enough to at least get some rest. 

It was the next morning, and he was in his bathroom preparing for the day. You didn't talk much when you had returned to his place. The only thing on your mind was the image of Katelyn standing outside that bar--looking at you with that face she had when she knew she had caught you doing something you shouldn't. That same face she had when she'd seen a text from Kylo pop up on your phone. But this--this was much bigger. This was much worse. She had seen it with her own eyes, seen you kissing him in the open. You knew you probably should have told him, but you couldn't bring yourself to do it. You feared what would happen if he knew that she had seen. And you didn't want to find out any time soon. 

You laid in his bed, staring at your phone's screen in the hope that a message would pop up. A message that said "I forgive you. I know you meant to be there. Shit happens." But it didn't come, and you were miserable. You never wanted to be that friend. The one that missed pivotal moments in friends' lives for men. But you had done that. You had gotten excited at the prospect of spending a moment in time with a man who wasn't even interested in you the same you were in him, and you missed something that would never happen for her again. You had never been so disappointed in yourself. 

He came out of the bathroom fully prepared for work. He looked sharp as always as he walked over to the bed standing over you, a hand outstretching. He ran the pad of his index finger along your bottom lip as you looked up to him feigning a smile. 

"I have to go," he said it regretfully, pulling his hand back. 

"I know," you sat up leaning against his headboard. 

"I forgot to mention it, but I'll be busy through Tuesday with finalizing grades and everything," he put his hands in his pockets. He seemed disappointed. 

"Aw," you sulked. "I'll miss you."

"I know," he smirked, stepping back to allow you room to get up. You did, sliding off the bed and slipping on your clothes quickly. "I'll be officially done then, though. If you want, we can go do something to celebrate the end of the semester."

You threw your bag over your shoulder, adjusting it as you spoke. "That would be fun. What do you have in mind?" 

"I haven't had a chance to go see the Gulf Coast. We could drive down there and look at the water or something," he mused. 

You chuckled. "Look at the water?"

He returned your lighthearted laugh. "I don't know. I just want to go somewhere. With you."

"That'll work for me. I'm done with work after this weekend. I had already taken off for the break. You know, before the shit with my mom," you shifted on your feet, uncomfortable. 

"I still think you should call her. But aside from that, I'm looking forward to it," he reached forward, swiping your hair behind your ear. 

"Okay," you grabbed his wrist and pulled him forward. You gave him a quick kiss before walking toward the bedroom door. "See you Tuesday." 

And with that, you left his home with some semblance of a smile. Beyond all of the stressful, awful, terrible things that were haunting you at the moment, you were happy to know that Kylo wanted to see you again. There was comfort in that. 

The weekend was worse than you expected. You tried at every chance you got to contact to Rey. You called her, you messaged her, you even showed up to her place. But nothing worked. She was avoiding you. She didn't want to speak to you.