I Don't Belong Here

( A/N : Hey, everyone! Sorry for the long break. We were celebrating Passover in my home, and that tends to be a very large event for us, so we were massively busy. This chapter is very much fluff, and it is very long. There will be stronger plot to follow in the next few chapters. I hope you enjoy, and I have missed you all! )

Kylo left the next morning, but it wasn't nearly as devastating as the last time. No, this time he was leaving with the promise of seeing you again. As your boyfriend. 

He had arranged for you to come to New York in a little under a month from then. The plan following your graduation would be seeing each other twice a month, but since things were kind of hectic right now, it would be a little sporadic before then. You were slightly nervous as it would be your first real time traveling, but as every kid from a small town with big dreams was, you were incredibly excited. 

Before the time came, you filmed your last scene for the movie, finished editing, and were far ahead in all of your classes. In the time leading up to your departure, the promise of talking to each other every night on the phone was kept--and it usually escalated into spicy FaceTime calls where clothes were shed. It was very vintage, having "phone sex." It was working well. You felt close to him even though he was far away, and things seemed to be positive.

The time came for you to leave. You were good to go, so you packed your one travel bag, and you were headed off to see him again. 

You didn't know you would be riding first class. You hadn't known he was serious. 

But as you boarded the plane, you were ushered to a luxurious spot in the front of the plane. You had your own little pod with a huge seat, table space, a plate of fruit and a small bottle of champagne, and there were other little amenities like blankets and headphones. It was ridiculously ostentatious, and part of you was embarrassed. But the other part of you could get used to that kind of treatment. 

After the plane reached cruising altitude, the stewardess was walking through the cabin to ask if anyone needed anything. When she reached you, she gave you a sweet smile and offered you a meal.

"Oh, the flight's short. I'm fine," you smiled to her. "Thank you, though." 

"Of course. Do you know how to connect to the Wi-Fi?" She asked you. 

"I don't think I paid for Wi-Fi," you shook your head.

"Yes, ma'am, your ticket includes Wi-Fi usage," she reached into her apron and pulled out a small card. "Here are the instructions. Please ring the call button if you need anything."

You took the card, and gave her a quick nod. "Thank you." 

He had paid the twenty dollars for on flight Wi-Fi. You looked at the small card in your hand and chuckled lightly to yourself. He was ridiculous. 

Though you had entertainment galore and Wi-Fi at your disposal, you spent most of the flight gazing out the window, looking at all the parts of the country you hadn't seen before. You watched the landing excitedly, taking in all the sights of the city below you. 

When you were finally able to get off the plane, you were astounded. It was just the airport, and it was already the most magnificent thing you had ever seen. You glanced down at your phone, and he had sent you a text. 

Kylo : There will be a driver waiting for you at the entrance of terminal seven. Call me if you have any problems. 

A driver? For you? Like you were important or something? This was outrageous.