Chapter 11

I shut my eyes against the harsh light coming from the window. Suddenly I perk up. The window! I can escape out the window! I run to the windowsill and look down. Waves' room is on the second story so if I try to jump, I most probably will fall to my death. I wince and back away. I don't really want that option. My tears dry and instead I focus on finding an alternative for getting out of this house. Maybe if I tie her sheets together, and climb down it Rapunzel style, it will work. Yeah, I think that's the one. I grab all of her lapis lazuli sheets, and begin tying them together quickly; sure that Landon will find a key soon.

I tie all of them together, knotting them and I finally throw it out the window, attaching the other end to her bed. I give it a firm pull, and the bed moves a bit, screeching. I freeze, and look at the door. Landon had to have heard that. But his footsteps don't appear, and I heave a sigh of relief. I push the bed to the window, ignoring all the screeching and finally look down. The bedsheet makeshift rope dangles about 5 feet from the ground.

Shit.

Well, I guess I'll just wing it. I swing myself unto the rope and start lowering myself down. Suddenly I hear Waves' bedroom door unlock.

Double shit.

I start climbing down at a faster speed.

"What the.. where are you going, Genevieve?" Landon's slimy voice floats out the window. I shriek and climb down even faster. Suddenly I am jerked up. Crap. Landon is pulling the rope up. I feel tears gather at the end of my eyes. If I let him have me, I might as well die. Only one thing to do, and I'm sure as heck my legs won't like it. My fingers, who is gripping the bed sheet rope like a lifeline, begins to slip and I know that there is no other alternative.

I jump, my eyes shutting.

The wind flies in my face, and I scream, awaiting the ground. I wrench my eyes open just in time to see the ground rise up to meet me. I curl myself into a ball, and roll unto the grass, instead of splattering against it. I roll unto my back, and stare at Waves' window. Landon leans out, glaring at me. Another shrill scream rips from my throat, and I scramble to my feet and start running away.

But to where?

I wait till I'm far enough away, and then I stop. I pull my phone out and dial Waves' number. After two tones, she answers.

"What. Did you guys kiss or what?" Waves' joking voice floats from the phone. I burst into tears, and silence answers her.

"Wait.. you did? Are those happy tears or sad tears?" She speaks, her voice concerned.

"He f-forced himself o-on to me." I wail through my tears. A horrified gasp comes from Waves and I know she doesn't understand.

"No.." She doesn't believe me. She doesn't believe what her maniac brother did.

"He did." I hiss, before hanging up and hurling the phone at a tree. A crack resounds the the neighborhood before I fall to the ground in a fetal position, sobs wrenching out of my throat. I lie there for a while, hoping someone will come and kill me but the time passes by and nobody appears. This makes me cry even harder, and I squeeze my eyes shut.

The sun beats unto my face as I wake up, blinking at the noon sun.

"Hi." I jerk up and scream. I flail around wildly, trying to attack Landon.

"WHOA." The person shouts before running away. I rub my eyes and my eyes clear. I seem to be in a clearing of some sorts, and a person hovers behind a fallen tree.

"I'm sorry, sorry. Just a little surprised, that's all. You can come out." I coax the person out. A little boy comes into the clearing cautiously. 

"Are you okay, miss?" He asks. I smile at him in response and his facade breaks. He runs over to me and plops down.

"Mommy says not to talk to any strangers, but you're a pretty stranger so I think it's okay. Are you a faerie because my big brother told me that pretty girls in the forest are faeries." He suddenly rambles, nervous. I laugh and my worries about Landon melt away. 

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. What's your name?" I ask the blond-haired boy. He squirms and looks at me.

"You first." His blue eyes twinkle.

"Genevieve."

"Like the princess?" He asks, climbing into my lap. Whoa, this kid is not that shy anymore. He looks up at me, waiting.

"Uh, I'm not sure. What's your name?" I ask him again.

"Nolan. I'm 7!" He excitedly says. 

"Well, Mr. Nolan. Where exactly is your family?"

...

felt like finishing this up ;-)