Chapter 3

I chew on my pencil and pretend I am listening to Prof. Sams lecture. "Excuse me, Ms. Blue have you decided to join our class?" I fight the urge to roll my eyes. I answer as sweetly as I can without punching him. "Um.. yes?" I hear the class snicker and I quickly sit down to hide my flaming cheeks. I hear a voice and turn around quickly and stare at the teachers pet. It's Landon. "Oh Prof. Sam, Genevieve was just asking me a question about the blah blah blah"

He smirks then turns back to the teacher. I tuned out after I realized he was sticking up for me anyway. I stare at him and gape. LANDON PERRY stuck up for me. I turn around quickly and pay attention to class which rarely never happened.

         /-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

    80000000000 hours later. BEEP I sprint out of class and run down the hall. I couldnt be in that classroom without getting the feeling of oncoming doom from Landon. I open the entrance doors and walk outside. I inhale deeply and sit next to a tree. I pull out my book, "Watership Down" the only book I own because of Casper.

I began to cry then, thinking of how Mom and I would read classics together. "Genevieve? Why are you crying?" Landon asks. Wait Landon? I look up and gasp. He is standing there with a concerned look on his beautiful face. Wait what? I wipe my tears away and stand up, the copy of Watership Down slipping out of my lap. "I'm fine."

I began to walk away when Landon grabs hold of my arm and I jump. "No, you're not." With that, I spin around and yell at him. "Why do you care so much? So you can humiliate me? No thanks, Landon." And I walk away, leaving Landon shocked.