Chapter 8♥

Hey my fellow wattpadians! For the 20 questions kind of part Geni will be Bold and Waves will be italics.

Geni♣

After I wake up, from my dreamless sleep, I take the free moment to think about Landon. The way his eyes sparkled when I confirmed I cared for him was breath-taking. Though I never said I liked him. Just that I cared for him. I contentedly sigh and drag my hand across the sheet. Then a thought comes to my mind.Who is going to pay for the hospital bill? Casper?! I jolt up and launch myself out of bed. I quickly look around the room then change into my clothes (they were sitting on the end of the bed) and tug my ratty boots on. I run a few fingers through my hair then wrench the door open. I jog down the hospital hallway, checking for signs to tell me how to get to the front desk. The sound of my feet slapping the tile floor, somehow felt like relief. Telling me that I'm human too. I eventually get to the front desk, and slap my hands down on the dark wood. (don't ask how I got there, I have no idea either.) I spot the little bell thingy and ring it until a old grumpy lady comes to my service. "You know what time it is, lassie?" I meekly nod no. This lady looks like a cross between a rhino and a hippo! I can almost see the steam coming out of her nostrils. I find my voice.

"Um.. no. But I was wondering um.. how I pay for my hospital bill?" I inquire. I'm actually like melting inside because if Casper see's the bill.. I won't be alive anymore. I inwardly shudder and turn my attention back to the creepy grandma. 

"What's your name." She- Barbara (her name tag) doesn't even question me. It seems like she has gone through plenty of teenagers who don't want their parents to know they were in the hospital. Typical.

"Genievieve Abbo-Blue." I almost slipped and said my real last name. Barbara stares at me for a moment then slowly turns her attention to the computer in front of her. She (SLOWLY) types my name in, then she looks back up at me and frowns.

"Lassie, your hospital bill was already paid for." I feel a wave of relief and then guilt. Was it Landon who paid? I nod my thanks at  creep-Barbara and head out of the hospital. Then I collapse, right outside the hospital with tears in my eyes. Who am I going to trust now? I slowly pull my phone out and stare at the screen. I pull up Waves number then I call her. 

"Hey Waves."

I hear her sleepy voice on the other end of the line. 

"Geni? Do you know what time it is? It's 3:00. In the morning! Are you trying to break up my relationship with my bed?" I chuckle. Even though I've known Waves for a day, she's pretty funny.

"Yes. I am extremely jealous of your relationship." I joke. She laughs then grows serious again.

"Seriously though. What's up?" She asks. I gulp and internally battle myself. Should I tell her? Should I not? I breathe out slowly.

"I need a place to stay." I push the words out of my lips. 

"Sure! I'll come pick you up! Where are you anyway? Are you wasted? It's a Saturday morning." I'm happy but I don't know how to answer. 

"I'm at the hospital. I'm not hurt." I say rolling the thought in my head.

"Ook. I'll be there in 5. Bye!" She hangs up leaving me no time to say bye or thanks. The words die on my lips as I watch a figure come out of the dark fog. I push the phone back into my pocket then scramble backwards and watch in fear as the mysterious figure walks closer. 

It's Landon.

But not really Landon.