Chapter 2

Genevieve-

   Last night was complete and utter torture. I had nightmares all night, and woke up sweating and tangled in my bedsheets. I crawl out of my bed, and inch towards the bathroom. I look in the mirror and gasp.

The girl in the mirror, looks like me, but isn't me. She has dark purple bags, and a bruise by her ear. I wince and wash my face. At least I feel like a human now. I brush on some makeup and concealer, hiding the bags, and bruises. I put on dark faded skinny jeans and a crochet shirt.

I get my bookbag, and glance at the time. I'm going to be late for school! I carefully ease open my window and get out. After that I close the window, and get the heck out of the neighborhood. 

Once I'm in safe distance from the neighborhood, I relax and call Cosette. Cosette is the only one that knows my mother was killed. But she doesn't know about my abusive stepfather.

  The ringing of the phone interrupts my thoughts. I frown at my phone and put it away. Huh. Cosette isn't answering.

I'm about to decide to walk to school in my ankle boots, when a blue porsche sidles up to me. I freeze and turn my head slowly. I gasp in shock. It's Landon Perry! Landon Perry, happens to be the schools biggest bad boy. I quickly blush and keep walking.

He can't be here for me. "Hey, uh.. Blue!" Landon calls after me. I sigh in annoyance and backtrack to him. "Do you need a ride, princess?" He asks. Uh.. Heck no, I think but I have no ride. "Fine." I hop into the car and look straight ahead. " What were you doing walking alone?" He asks. I snort and look at him. "And why do you care?" Landon's whole demeanor changes. He smirks. "Caring is sharing!" He singsongs. I laugh. "It's sharing is caring!" 

When we arrive at school, I get out of the car as fast as I can. I run to class without bothering to stop and listen to what Landon is saying. I head to my locker and spin the combination. Soon Aiden my boyfriend, walks up to me. "Hey, babe."

I smile at him and hug him. I have been dating Aiden the last 2 years. We met because a bunch of people saw my diary, and I liked him? You can guess what happened next. Aiden finds out and well he liked me too and BOOM. 

I inwardly smile to myself as I get my books from my locker. Suddenly they all slip out of my hands and fall unto the floor. I groan to myself. I don't want to pick this up. But I kneel on the ground anyway and reach for my books. I hear a noise and I look up. I am looking into a pair of beautiful blue eyes that I could lose myself in. I shake myself out of it and smile at Landon. "Hi?" I awkwardly greet him. He chuckles. "Did I scare you, princess?" I glare at him and get up. I shut my locker and take my books from his arms. I begin to walk away, when my arm is grabbed.

Right where Casper hit me, last night. I wince and pull my arm from Landon's grasp. "Alright, look I'm sorry. I don't know what I did, but sorry." To say I was shocked, would be an understatement. I was full out breathless. Did he really care? And now that I think of it, why did I feel tingles when he touched my arm? I turn back around and childishly stick my tongue out, to show I wasn't really mad. Only I wasn't. I was scared. Only Casper called me princess. For Landon to say it, was disalarming. "Hello? Genevieve? The bell is about to ring." I am startled back to reality and turn to Landon. He looked relieved. "Oh good. I thought I lost you." He smirks. "Whatever." I mumble to get his attention off my red cheeks. We walk into class together, amid all the people staring.