March 2022 | Tightly Knit by @kmbell92

About the author:

Under the pseudonym "K.M. BELL," Kitty has been an author on Wattpad since June of 2015, mostly writing within the genres of fanfiction, fantasy, and the occasional romance. Her most popular work "Tightly Knit," a Fred Weasley fanfiction won a Watty Award back in 2016. Since then, Tightly Knit has become the centred story in a fictional universe composed of 15+ books. When she isn't writing, Kitty works as a full-time therapist, while attempting to manage a household overruled by two mischievous corgis named Tonks and Remus. 

About the story - Tightly Knit:

Premise

A knitting-obsessed witch finds herself on the Weasley twin radar after successfully dodging each one of their pranks, and suddenly, they want to know her secret, but they aren't the only ones.

* * *

What made you start writing on Wattpad? What is the thing you love the most about writing on Wattpad?

To be honest, I don't remember how I stumbled upon Wattpad. I do remember that I read several books on the site before ever making an account. After reading plenty, I decided I was just going to brave it and post some of my own works, starting with a Jurassic World fanfiction first. What I love about writing on Wattpad is the ease of the format and the interaction of the readers. From inbox to my message board and the comment section, getting feedback really helps with motivation to write.

From the original franchise, you chose Fred Weasley to focus on; what intrigued you about his character and inspired this book?

I chose Fred Weasley because I believe his death in the series really hit me the hardest. I remember getting my hands on a copy of Deathly Hallows when it was first released and I cried when it came to his death, harder than other death in the series. Mainly because he was so young, and it had come so unexpectedly.

There's the constant challenge when writing fanfiction to respect the original work while also giving yourself space for creativity; how hard has it been for you to find that balance?

When it comes to balancing between the canon information and building an original storyline around it, I find it easy to build on vague details of canon material. Basically, it's creating loopholes because something is not explicitly stated, so it's not completely outlandish to believe it could happen. Now when it comes to canon events, I honestly don't fight with sticking strictly to canon, especially when you're adding your own OC to the mix. Obviously, things are going to change when more people are introduced into a storyline. The point of fanfiction is to have fun with it, not stress yourself over canon details all the time.

What are your favorite details in Tightly Knit? And why the name "Tightly Knit", any hidden meaning?

Some of my favourite details in Tightly Knit revolve around the main character's relationships, not just romantic, with other characters. Whether it's mending her relationship with her mother, making new friends, and learning how to navigate her first romantic relationship. I love writing her friendships because I think far too often in literature friends are forgotten when a love interest is introduced. And I also enjoy writing about Eleanor's coming of age moments, she's a teenager that grows into a young woman throughout the series. She's trying to figure out her future, while suddenly becoming involved in a war she never saw coming.

Tightly Knit is like a play on of words because it refers to her relationships as Eleanor keeps her loved ones close to her and because her knitting plays a very crucial role within the storyline.

What is your future project? Do you plan to continue writing Harry Potter fanfiction?

Right now, my main goal is to finish rewriting the Tightly Knit series and then finishing up my other HP series 'Brotherhood.' Then to finish any ongoing HP fanfic I have running. As for writing any new ones, I'm not entirely sure. I'd like to focus more on my original stories as time goes on, in hopes of publishing. However, I can't say that more HP fanfics are out of the question. After all, I have only 375 works in drafts waiting for their time to shine!

A random question, what are your favorite Hogwarts subjects?

My favourite Hogwarts subjects would have to be Herbology, Transfiguration, and Care of Magical Creatures. Although if they ever making a Moving Portrait Painting Class, sign me up. 

* * *

Check more stories at the author's account: