June 2022 | OBSIDIAN HEART by @SymoneHeyward

About the Author: 

About the Author: 

Symone Heyward is a passionate Wattpad author with various fanfiction works, especially and most outstandingly, one of her Harry Potter fanfiction is Wattys Shortlister! She will soon publish her original Fantasy work on Wattpad.

About the story: OBSIDIAN HEART 

Premise:

The founders of Hogwarts, combined had the power to create, destroy and conquer, power beyond a muggles wildest dreams. Hogwarts was their home, their joy and when they discovered its future destiny, a war prophesied to murder youths and obliterate their precious home, they acted. The Daughter of Hogwarts had a simple task; protect. Though it became much more difficult when she caught his eye and learned the second half of her destiny...

***

Q. What makes you start writing on Wattpad? What is the most memorable moment you have encountered here? 

To begin with Wattpad was just for reading to me, I am a really eager reader and fall into such a slump when I finish reading stories! So when I found Wattpad where your favourite stories are rewritten in thousands of ways, I couldn't resist! It is so amazing to see your favourite characters from the minds of different people. It wasn't long after that I started writing. I think that everyone daydreams about the different ways a story could end and I couldn't help but turn that into a real story. Especially when everyone on Wattpad is so encouraging no matter what you choose to write. My most memorable moment was when I saw I had been shortlisted for the Wattys! I am so proud of it, and I hope it happens again someday.

Q. Your story revolves around Azalea Hogwarts, the descendant of the four founders of Hogwarts, which is a very intriguing. What is the inspiration for this story? Did you have any troubles of finding all the history and information about the Hogwarts founders? 

I've always been interested in the Founders, there are so many unexplored routes in the Harry Potter universe but I wasn't quite confident enough to write a story based solely on the founder's time. A lot of the Founder's information I did have to make up myself but I found this to be helpful because it meant that my original plotline didn't have to destroy the historic details of the original novels.

Q. Your main protagonist is a strong female one, so what is your intention of building her characteristics to fit the story plot? And according to you, What makes a good and intriguing 'strong female character' story? 

I think a strong female character works best when she has weaknesses. Weak points only make her strong ones more special. I think for a character like mine, where she travelled through time as she did, it's so important to show that so her weaknesses are presented in terms of her lack of understanding when it comes to 'modern things'. Being who she is, it was really important for her to be strong and resilient but I loved writing about her journey to learning what it means to be human.

Q. What are your favorite details/scenes in your story? And why? 

In Obsidian Heart, my favourite scene is probably where she tells Draco who she is because it's such a pivotal point for both characters. It's the moment where they stopped being enemies and began their lover's journey. It was also my favourite scene to write. :) In terms of small details, I like the things that make Lavinia less human, like her forgetting to blink and breathe because it shows who she is and her slowly unravelling backstory was so interesting to write. It was the first time I wrote a story with a detailed main story as well as a detailed and complicated backstory.

Q. Favorite Hogwarts subject and favorite professor? And why? 

I think my favourite Hogwarts subject is Defence Against the Dark Arts, it's always the most interesting to me when I'm researching but if I actually attended Hogwarts, I would probably be best at A History of Magic class because I'm much better at theory-based things rather than practical and as much as the characters seem to grow bored in that class, some magical historical events sound so interesting to learn about! In terms of teachers, Minerva McGonagall is definitely my favourite! Her cool calm definitely helped to inspire the characters of Lavinia and Azalea.

Q. What is your future project for you? Do you plan to continue writing Harry Potter fanfiction?

My current future project is to continue writing the story of Lavinia Hogwarts, a lot of it is already written in my mind and just hasn't reached Wattpad yet. :) Aside from that, I do have a few other Harry Potter stories in the works, such as Hocus which is a Fred Weasley story. I would love to one day write my own story with as detailed a magical system as in Harry Potter but I am definitely still learning how. :) I also plan to fulfil some requests from readers because as much as I write for myself, I also love writing for the readers because I was originally a Wattpad reader (and sometimes still am) and it's so beautiful being able to see your ideas come to life.

***

Thankyou for joining our Wattwizbiz Session.

Fellow Potterheads please support the author at SymoneHeyward

Follow for more!