April 2023 | Inglorious Bastards by @Y_Allen

About the author - Y_Allen

Y Allen began her writing journey with fantasy and historical fiction short stories. She joined Wattpad on September 2013 and posted her first work that is a fan fiction. Her works are mostly in the genre of fanfiction, fantasy, and historical fiction with the main theme having love, family, and friendship. While she writes at night, in the day she works a full-time job as a Digital Marketing Officer, and spends the small windows of her time watching anime, reading books and mangas, drawing, and drinking eight cups of coffee a day.

About the story - Inglorious Bastards

The Inglorious Bastard follows eleven-year-old Carina Black, who learns her father is the infamous Sirius Black, a war-criminal of the First Wizarding War

The Inglorious Bastard follows eleven-year-old Carina Black, who learns her father is the infamous Sirius Black, a war-criminal of the First Wizarding War. Along with the adventures that Harry Potter brings, Carina lives her ideal Hogwarts stay filled with fun, drama, trouble, and chaos with her two best friends: Roman Alston and Theodore Nott. 

* * *

1. What is the thing you love the most about writing on Wattpad? Have you encountered any challenges while writing in the Fanfiction genre? 

What I love most about writing on Wattpad is its supportive community, diversity, and -- in a more technical side -- the ability to monitor your work's statistics. When I first started writing short stories and fanfiction, I would try to hide it from people because the first time a classmate of mine snuck on what I was writing in my "diary" (or writing journal), they started bullying me. Since then, I was afraid to share my work with anyone. But after reading through the comments in Wattpad, I realized that it was okay to like this genre and I don't have to hide the fact that I enjoy reading and writing fanfiction. It helped a lot to boost my confidence in writing because I could see people in this platform open to any idea, it's like a writer's playground where I get to do what I want, explore things, experiment on my writing without the fear of judgement.