January 2023 | Enchantress by @-hellsqueen

About the author - -hellsqueen

Writing with the username -hellsqueen. Olga has been a member of the Wattpad community since 2016. Even though a career as a writer is not what she has planned for herself in the future, she finds great enjoyment in writing down her ideas and fleshing them out into stories and little by little working on them to share them with the world. When she has time, she likes reading fanfics and getting to know new, fantastic worlds and stories.

About the story - Enchantress

The line between a curse and a gift is a thin one, barely noticeable

The line between a curse and a gift is a thin one, barely noticeable. One treads carefully in their everyday life, living moment by moment in harmony using their gift as they wish. Until that thin line is passed. And suddenly they are unsure whether their choices depict who they truly are.

Kim Bada was living with her parents and her twin sister in Busan until she could no longer stay there, a mistake she wasn't certain she was to blame for—but if not her, then who could the blame fall on—forcing her to relocate to London, to start a new life. But the ghosts of the past are always carried in the heart of the tormented, always around. And in her case, they follow her in physical form, determined to take revenge for all she's made them go through.

Bada has no choice but to face the enemies she created herself head on. 

*

1. What made you start writing on Wattpad? What is the story that you enjoy writing the most?

I found Wattpad through a friend who recommended it to me because of all the stories you could find and read, mainly fanfiction. At some point, though, reading wasn't enough for me, and so I started writing. This way, I could be creative with my time and create the content I wanted to see more of here. Without doubt, I enjoy writing fluffy fanfiction prompts, although in the end what I enjoy writing most has to do with the plot I have been thinking of for the longest time and what I have wanted to write the most. 

2. Your story opens up a magic world outside the main wizarding world from the franchise which was placed in South Korea. Why "South Korea" out of any countries? What was the inspiration?

South Korea wasn't chosen specifically, if I am to be completely honest. As with most of my stories, before I start writing I figure out first how it's approximately going to play out, which includes the character's names. South Korea was chosen as the country the oc was going to come from because of that and because we don't know anything about the wizarding population in this area, so I could create any rules I wanted and write the story without restrictions. 

3. According to you, what makes "Enchantress" different from any "wizards" or "witches" that we already know from the franchise? How would you make them special and intriguing to people?

"Enchantress" is different from other Harry Potter stories I have read since Bada is half siren. As her nature suggests, she has the ability to lure in people due to her beauty and her voice and even compel them as she so desires. Despite her gift, though, she was raised to fear the consequences due to the ethical complications this could cause. The main conflict of the story is Bada's deal with the consequences of her own powers negatively affecting others, and that paired with her unique abilities is what I consider to be the interesting part of the story.

4. What is your favorite part of writing and building this story? (e.g. world building, character development, love storyline, twists, etc..)

My favourite part was actually writing the story, because it took me a long time to actually figure out what I wanted to do with it. This was an old story of mine, with a really different storyline. Bada wasn't a siren, she wasn't even South Korean. The inspiration for the story came when I was reading another fanfiction, actually, where one of the characters of the story was a siren. So after that I started writing the story. Another part I liked was the build-up to Bada finally being free and starting anew. Other than that, I really liked writing any moment Bada was interacting with muggles and had to hide how she was a witch and any part she was using her siren abilities. Also, making the moodboard of the fic was extremely fun. 

5. If you could pick a magic school beside Hogwarts, which one would you choose to go to? And why?

I think I would choose to go to Ilvermorny. I find the sorting system fascinating and realistically speaking (as realistic this conversation can be) that's the only school except from Hogwarts I could go to since I don't know the language spoken in the other schools. 

6. What is your future project for you? Do you plan to continue writing Harry Potter fanfiction?

My current upcoming future projects, once my George Weasley fic "Elysium" has been completed, are two books set in the Avatar:The Last Airbender universe, set at the same time with slightly different plots. Once that is done, however, I plan on going back to Harry Potter with one of my drafts. Right now, it looks like I will turn to a Draco Malfoy fic I have been thinking about for a while. Other than that, I have a lot of drafts set in the Harry Potter universe I plan to get to at some point. Finally, I have recently had an idea for a one-shot for my Harry Potter one-shots book, so I really hope I find the time to write it soon. 

*

Thank you for joining, Olga! Do check out this amazing story at and other stories!

That is all, more to come!