October 2022 | March To The Sea by @totsbreaux12

About the Author : totsbreaux12

Alexis is 20 years old, but she started "March to the Sea" when she was 18 right in the middle of the pandemic. She had just gotten out of a bad writing funk and decided that she was going to finish a story. Lorelei Calypso is the beautiful person that came out of that passion to keep writing. "March to the Sea" was based off of Harry Potter but with a twisted plot of mermaids and their world colliding with the wizards. What? You didn't think the Goblet of Fire's portrayal of mermaids were all they had, right? Her story is her baby and she loves everyone who made it possible for her to get where she is. Because of that book, She met people and learned so much about herself.

About the story : March To The Sea

Lorelei Calypso is a half-breed in the wizarding world

Lorelei Calypso is a half-breed in the wizarding world. When her father seduced a beautiful mermaid, she was born into a time of war and pain.

The Weasley family takes her in as their own when Lorelei embraces her wizarding genes. Follow Lorelei in her time at Hogwarts with the infamous pranking trio: Fred, George, and Lee.

Once Harry Potter makes his debut at Hogwarts, everything changes. A war is on the rise, and Lorelei is ready to fight for the ones she loves. She is ready to defend her home and her family.

*

1. What do you love the most about writing on Wattpad? What is your favorite moment here?

My favorite part about writing on Wattpad is the community. Oh my goodness, the community on here kept me going. They were and are so supportive. My favorite moment on here would have to be when I read a Harry Potter book and was voting on it and commenting like I normally do, and all of a sudden on my board I got a message from the author so honored that I read their book! Like I was some celebrity... it was crazy. There are so many talented writers, and we all read each other's works!

2. "March To The Sea" is a very intriguing story title, do you have a story behind of choosing it? Did you come up with it right away or you had a few more options to choose from?

Okay, I definitely used my favorite band for this title. Twenty One Pilots has had my heart since 2012, and when I thought of what my title was going to be for a mermaid story, their song 'March to the Sea' was just a perfect fit. I did not come up with it right away, as I was going to use Harry Potter quotes or other 'water' related songs, but eventually, I settled on that title. Best decision ever.

3. What is the inspiration for combing the wizarding world with a mythical undersea world? Do you face any difficulty in the writing process?

The inspiration came from another book on Wattpad that I read years ago. One of the characters was a mermaid, but they did not go into detail on their backstory or the world under the sea. I felt like there was a story there, so I thought of a main character who would have to go through life under the sea and in the wizarding world. It was not difficult in the beginning, but once we get to later chapters, I really had to sit down and create the world under the water with their little governments and truces with mythical beings.

4. According to you, what makes a Harry Potter fanfiction intriguing?

Harry Potter fanfictions are intriguing when they have their own story. If you just follow the books or movies and forget to add your own twists here and there, you're losing your grip onto the story! You need to make sure you add your own flavor to it to make the story your own.

5. What would you do if you could spend a day at Hogwarts?

If I could spend a day at Hogwarts, I would head straight to the Quidditch field. I just need to feel that 'freeing' feeling on a broom. I love those descriptions authors use when describing their characters on a broom. Next, exploring the castle. I want to speak to portraits, find the secret passages, and feel the magic. Finally, I would take my favorite characters to my common room (sorry, Sirius, Remus, you both have to come to the Ravenclaw common room!) and I would listen to their stories. I just want to hear everything about their time in Hogwarts... I took this question too literal! Ha, sorry!

6. As a Wattys Shortlister, do you have any advice or tip of writing fanfictions or writing in generally?

Tips I can give people to keep writing is just that: Keep Writing. Don't lose that motivation. Find something to keep that motivation there. Find friends or family to read your work because you should be proud of that! Always be proud of your work.

------------------------------------------

Thank you for joining us in this wonderful session with totsbreaux12. Please show support on the author's profile.

Until next time.